New
Find
Notify
Tools

Firearms on Rwanda Air
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone every used RwandaAir and travelled with firearms?

I have been trying to call them but have received no response, I’m hoping one of the members can share some light on the process and procedures for traveling with firearms via Kigali

Posts: 375 | Location: Limpopo, South Africa | Registered: 13 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had the same question last year entourage to DRC thru Kigali. I was able to find out that 5 kg of sporting ammo was allowed in checked baggage (with prior approval) but no one at Rwanda Air would say if fires arms were allowed as checked baggage but repeatedly told me that “restricted/prohibited” items would be seized. I left mine in storage in Joburg. Pretty good airline, though and good service.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2714 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Karl,

That is the same issue I am having, I have browsed their entire policy and can only see references to ammo. Absolutely nothing to do with firearms.

Guess Ethiopian is always an option.

Posts: 375 | Location: Limpopo, South Africa | Registered: 13 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
That lack of communication certainly doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about Rwanda Air.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2282 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote