New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun insurance
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just prior to leaving I took out insurance on my two guns that I took to Africa. This was my third trip and my first time to take insurance. I went through the SCI for insurance but I did not get enough for full replacement cost. A few days after I returned home I found one of the custom stocked rifles with a broken stock. United Airlines sent me a check and the insurance will pay off the difference up to my policy limit. This insurance is good for a year and includes fire and thief at your home. Suggest everyone insure they have coverage for their equipment.

Posts: 595 | Location: camdenton mo | Registered: 16 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How much was the premium?

Posts: 13234 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
.o125 of actual value i think.

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stonecreek:
How much was the premium?

I had about $11400 for two rifles and it cost about $142.25 just as crusher said.

Posts: 595 | Location: camdenton mo | Registered: 16 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
please could you let us know the name of the insurance carrier?

Posts: 172 | Location: Jackson, New Jersey | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
there is a link to them on sci web site just print out the form and fax it in call them for values and help filling it out.

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shikaribabu:
please could you let us know the name of the insurance carrier?

It is the Sportsman's Insurance Agency, Inc. The Phone # is 1-800-925-7767