Find
Notify
Tools

United strikes again
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted
I booked a trip on my Mileage Plus miles in June of 2018 for LAX to Namibia leaving at 00:30 on 20 April 2019 returning on 28 April 2019 flying Business Class.

This morning I received a notice of a change in time for to leave at 22:30 (10:30 PM) so I went to United's website and looked at it, thinking that I would be leaving 2 hours earlier.

I got on the website and saw that they had pushed back my departure 20 hours later. The bad thing is that they didn't change my connecting flight to Windhoek, so I was scheduled to arrive at Addis Abiba Monday morning at 5:20 AM but my flight to Windhoek was still scheduled for Sunday morning at 8:30 AM. This is because Ethiopian Airlines have changed their flight schedule from LAX for 2019 but they had to know this sometime before today.

I called them immediately to change that and my departing flight and they got my connecting flight changed to the next day but can't change my return flight!

Two of us have planned our vacations from work around the original airline schedule and booked our hunt after we got the "confirmed" tickets through Mileage plus.

They offered to change me to flying back two days later in coach and adding 20 hours of flight time to the return and it would cost me another 120,000 air miles.

If I want to leave on my trip a day earlier and go through London and it would cost me another 180,000 miles in coach and add 11 more hours of travel time.

No amount of talking to them would budge them on this and so I've asked to have the supervisor call me back but I'm not holding out any hope.

So it looks like I have to cut a day off my hunt.

To say that I'm pissed is an understatement.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12548 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
There is not much worse than Cancelled flights. Best Wishes. All of mine have been in the U.S. Go figure?

Posts: 2328 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Having to travel to destinations that require several airline is a nightmare!

We are so lucky here in Dubai, as we seem to have direct flights to almost anywhere in the world.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66982 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Having to travel to destinations that require several airline is a nightmare!

We are so lucky here in Dubai, as we seem to have direct flights to almost anywhere in the world.

The bad thing is I'm using one airline to fly to Africa and halfway back, I only use the second carrier for the last leg home.

I am booked on Ethiopian airways from LAX to Namibia it's just that I'm using my United airmiles and they control the booking.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Posts: 12548 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sniper
posted Hide Post
A couple years ago I had a group of first time clients traveling with me to South Africa. We had an early morning flight from Knoxville to Dulles on United. We arrived at the counter and with no notice they told us our flight had been cancelled. I told them this was our first leg of an international flight. The lady said sucks to be you and said she didn’t know what to tell us.

After much conversation they sent us to the Delta counter and Delta arranged our connection to Dulles. That was the last time I flew United.

"In the worship of security we fling ourselves beneath the wheels of routine, and before we know it our lives are gone"--Sterling Hayden--

David Tenney
US Operations Manager
Trophy Game Safaris
Southern Africa
Tino and Amanda Erasmus
www.tgsafari.co.za

Posts: 870 | Location: Tennessee, USA | Registered: 11 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm on my sixth email and I have worked my way up to the second level of supervision by being a royal pain in the ass.

I know how to use the right buzzwords because I work on the industry so they can't just ignore me.

Frank