New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stopover Johannesburg
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just got Notice that South African Airways canceled my Domestic Flight so I have a Few more Hours to Kill in Joburg for my a New Flight.
Any Recomondations for a Gun/Hunting Store or Bookshop (Hunting/Africana related ) to Visit near the Airport. Thanks in Advance.

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
It all depends on a “few” hours.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3428 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mboga biga bwana:
Just got Notice that South African Airways canceled my Domestic Flight so I have a Few more Hours to Kill in Joburg for my a New Flight.
Any Recomondations for a Gun/Hunting Store or Bookshop (Hunting/Africana related ) to Visit near the Airport. Thanks in Advance.

Honestly, rather stay at the airport. Car rentals and returns are straight forward at JNB International, but there are high crime areas around there you don't want to venture into accidently.

Dumb, dumber, democrat

One of Us
Picture of umzingele
posted Hide Post
Safari and Outdoor in Boksburg - take an Uber taxi - inexpensive. This is the closest hunting,shooting store, and with a good selection of books. And you can get a haircut!

Posts: 263 | Location: Johannesburg, South Africa | Registered: 20 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
Catch the train from the airport and head to either to Sandton or Rosebank.

Posts: 746 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of umzingele
posted Hide Post
No gunshops or africana type bookstores in Sandton or Rosebank. General and tourist type shopping and really good restaurants.......

Posts: 263 | Location: Johannesburg, South Africa | Registered: 20 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

How many hours lay over ?

+ 1 for Safari Outdoor in Rivonia. Sandton City good for general shopping.

Ueber or even Gautrain and then Taxi or Ueber.

Avoid 4 pm traveling into Sandton as you will hit rush hour traffic and that's no fun and will steal your time.

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2251 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
Stay in the Airport. It is much safer there.

Posts: 2316 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Another vote for staying at the airport. Plenty of shopping, bookstores and other things to see right there at the airport.
If you need to stay over, then stay at City Lodge. Either way, you'll be safe and can relax, enjoy lunch/dinner and get rested for the remainder of your trip.