New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cancelling hunts
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Having talked to some friends/ outfitters i use they are reporting a high % of USA clients are cancelling hunts for the fall onwards due to Ukraine/ Russia situation.

To make it clear they are hunting in Hungary, Austria, Spain etc. Very safe countries.

Why would anyone want to loose a deposit and be worried about this?

Whats peoples thoughts on this?

Posts: 600 | Location: England  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I, for one, don't get it, except for one nation.

Before that rat bastard Putin invaded Ukraine, I might have hunted in Russia.

Now, I will not hunt in Russia, and would cancel a pending hunt if I had booked one.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13389 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
I am leaving for holiday to Poland, Romania, Bulgaria (all Border or Black Sea Countries)and some others and I am not concerned. It's just too bad I will not be there in the fall for hunting.

Posts: 752 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
I, for one, don't get it, except for one nation.

Before that rat bastard Putin invaded Ukraine, I might have hunted in Russia.

Now, I will not hunt in Russia, and would cancel a pending hunt if I had booked one.

+1

Posts: 2637 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got an e mail yesterday from a well known booking agent. All of their Russian hunts are cancelled indefinitely.

Posts: 11959 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got the same one. Despite what happens i think hunting in Ukraine and Russia is finished for a few years

one of us
posted Hide Post
Folks,

These European cancellations are just silly. People panicked when Ebola broke out in West Africa and cancelled hunts in Tanzania!!! Don't people ever look at a map. Canceling Europe now is nuts as the USD to Euro exchange rate is nearing 1 to 1. Smiler

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12866 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am going to Romania in a few weeks!

Arjun Reddy
Hunters Networks LLC
30 Ivy Hill Road
Brewster, NY 10509
Tel: +1 845 259 3628

Posts: 2537 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
While I don’t get it, I have seen it before. Every time there is a chance of conflict American hunters/anglers etc. cancel in droves. One thing that some may be thinking ahead about is the War Exclusion Clause that insurance companies like to use. Perhaps losing a modest deposit is more appealing. It seems like knee jerk response however. Obviously many think that things are going to escalate.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1810 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skyline:
While I don’t get it, I have seen it before. Every time there is a chance of conflict American hunters/anglers etc. cancel in droves. One thing that some may be thinking ahead about is the War Exclusion Clause that insurance companies like to use. Perhaps losing a modest deposit is more appealing. It seems like knee jerk response however. Obviously many think that things are going to escalate.

It’s certainly mad as keen European hunters will go anywhere anytime if the desire is enough.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reddy375:
I am going to Romania in a few weeks!

Arjun Reddy
Hunters Networks LLC
30 Ivy Hill Road
Brewster, NY 10509
Tel: +1 845 259 3628

Excellent , got to do it and have fun havent you.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
People (as a group) are stupid. We're leaving for a holiday in Ireland and Portugal next month and some of our friends are asking if we are worried about going with "the war in Europe".

homer

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12539 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
People (as a group) are stupid. We're leaving for a holiday in Ireland and Portugal next month and some of our friends are asking if we are worried about going with "the war in Europe".

homer

Bizzare isnt it