Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rifle stock duplicator
 Login/Join

posted
Can anyone recommend someone to duplicate a stock? I have a Winchester model 54 that is very similar to the old school Mausers and Rigbys. I’ve tried in vain to find an original pattern and with some minor adjustments the M54 will be close. It has the right stock pitch for iron sites and the thin forend and overall slim profile of the old school stocks.
I’m thinking duplicate the M54 on a cheaper blank then adjust the forend length and round the grip and it should be right, then duplicate the pattern on a nice blank.

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Good plan. PM me if you want to buy a duplicator and start doing it yourself. I have the pattern you want, for a Mauser, which you can alter for your 54. I don't have time to make stocks though. So the duplicator sits.

Posts: 17107 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Appreciate the offer but I’m not trying to start a duplicator operation just trying to stock a Mauser with a Pre War 1 Rigby or Mauser sporter style stock.
I received the pics of the stock you say was a Rigby copy, to paraphrase Lloyd Bentsen I have seen a Rigby, I have handled a Rigby that pattern is no Rigby. It’s not Mauser Sporter either.
This is the road block I’ve been running into. Recoil pads and straight combs and or what looks like overweight Rigbys. I can’t post the picks but the M54 is very close with the exception of the longer forend. I think there would be a lot less wood needing to be removed from the 54 to get to the same end.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Ok, Mr K98 just trying to help. My Rigby pattern which is not the one I sent you, does not have a straight comb at all, and I sometimes do leave more wood on them. It is a Pattern, and anyone with a little rasp work can make it as slim as they want. The pic I send you is from a rough blank from which you can shape a period stock. And a pad is up to the owner, isn't it?
There is more than one Oberndorf design as well; make sure you pick the right one.
Good luck. I can't help you.

posted Hide Post
Why would you send a picture of anything other than the specific stock I asked about? The stock in the picture you sent is the same exact stock on the “Rigby” rifle you have for sale in the classifieds. Is that also not the Rigby pattern you have? Is there some secret code someone has to know for you to really show them the Rigby pattern you have lol. Maybe if I’d asked about a Rem 700 pattern you would have sent a Mauser type B then I could have countered with a red Ryder BB gun stock and in the confusion you may have sent the real Rigby pattern.....I don’t know.
Believe me when you sent the picture I knew full well you were not able to help me, but why you posted on this thread is a mystery maybe not equal to the secret Rigby pattern but it’s up there.
I really do like seeing the end of a good mystery but unfortunately I have found someone with an actual Rigby pattern stock.

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Just for the record, my pattern has a 1.5 inch drop, comb nose to heel; from the bore centerline, not straight as intimated by Mr K98 above.
You asked me what I had for sale in your PM; that is what I sent you.
Ok, now you are just being mean; the first stock picture I sent was not, and I indicated as much, a Rigby one. It was one from which a Rigby could be easily shaped, by someone with the skill to do so.
And it most definitely is NOT the stock in the Rigby I have in the classifieds. And is not my Rigby pattern. I explained that to you, in the email I sent, how to shape a Rigby from it. I guess you didn't read that part. You asked me for what I had for sale; I assumed you had the skill to do the shaping into a Rigby.
Not sure why you, with only two posts, are here making false accusations.
I am not in the stock business; I just try to help guys with their projects.

posted Hide Post
So I guess we are doing this lol? No to everything you just posted. I asked IF you had a Rigby rifle pattern and I asked about prices of your contoured barrels in my first email. You said you had the Rigby pattern then sent a picture of the stock that is on the rifle you are selling not like it the exact same stock. I responded nice stock,( I was hoping you didn’t believe that was a Rigby pattern) then asked how much the Rigby pattern stocks were.You replied you’d see what you had? I waited a couple days with no answer then I sent another email and asked if you’d had time to look at what you had to sell. Then you sent a picture of a stock that looks exactly like the old American Gunstocks pattern from 1980 with the German side panels etc.(and at that point all hope in you having anything remotely resembling a Rigby was lost) and that’s when you said I’d need to rasp off the panels round off the grip etc. How is that a Rigby stock pattern. By your logic I could sell you a railroad crosstie and tell you all you have to do is shape it like a Rigby lol. You could probably shape any stock to the Rigby shape if you started with enough wood. Your confused about what a pattern is apparently. I can’t post pics but if anybody is that bored or surely not, that interested in this conversation,pm I’ll be glad to send you the emails and the photos. Still haven’t heard anything about your barrel prices or availability, but then let’s stick to one mystery at a time please, it makes it more viewable to the audience.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
....ignore list... done.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 944 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I don’t think ignoring him will work he has sent me a couple emails as well. Thanks for the advice though.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K98:
I don’t think ignoring him will work he has sent me a couple emails as well. Thanks for the advice though.

I don't think it was dpcd he was putting on the ignore list....

One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted Hide Post
dpcd will never be on my ignore list! Enough said!

God Bless, Louis

Posts: 1368 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Grinch:
....ignore list... done.

Young feller, You won't find a better guy than Tom "dpcd".

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
quote:
....ignore list... done.

Butch, fer the love of Pete, learn to read. He was putting that asshat K98 on ignore! Big Grin

Young feller, that's funny!

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4860 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Do any of you comprehend this thread? It had nothing to do with Tom or his make believe stock pattern. He decided to come on this thread and keep it going. His last email to me yesterday finally said he doesn’t have the pattern, another company has it because he doesn’t make stocks? Took a week and 10 emails to get to the truth. One of you hero’s really needs to pm me your email and I’ll send you all the emails and y’all can figure it out.
As for ignoring my posts. If I’ve never talked to you or met you or in anyway acknowledge your presence on the same planet what makes you think I care if you read my post? How would I even know? That’s about the stupidest thing I’ve heard in awhile. How bout this if you don’t have a stock pattern for a Rigby I’m ignoring you lol. I’m sure there is another forum or post somewhere that needs your very important comments, even though they make no sense lol.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess that Being an old feller I didn't figure that out. My post is to asshat then.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
quote:
I guess that Being an old feller I didn't figure that out. My post is to asshat then.

Uncle Grinch is one of the "good" guys.

Don't know K98 or DPCD for that matter, just seems silly to air out your laundry in public unless you were actually cheated.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4860 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can anyone recommend someone to duplicate a stock? I have a Winchester model 54 that is very similar to the old school Mausers and Rigbys. I’ve tried in vain to find an original pattern and with some minor adjustments the M54 will be close. It has the right stock pitch for iron sites and the thin forend and overall slim profile of the old school stocks.
I’m thinking duplicate the M54 on a cheaper blank then adjust the forend length and round the grip and it should be right, then duplicate the pattern on a nice blank.

Get ahold of Steve Bertram.
He has a pattern that is dead on for a Rigby and ironically, we have discussed this very project - English Winchester 54 so maybe he has thought this through.

Posts: 3239 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
I guess that Being an old feller I didn't figure that out.

Like I said reading comprehension. You don’t even understand the words you are reading noway your able to understand what happened on their thread. What’s sad I bet you believe you really said something in your post, like you made a difference lol sad really sad.
Zr1 guy don’t even know what or who he’s posting about or what the thread is about or what happened in the thread. In his mind he thinks the thread was about Tom and his make believe stock pattern. Ima break it down for you morons only 2 people actually answered the thread with any intelligence what’s so ever. I’ll let you figure out who they were, that should keep you busy for the rest of the day if not the whole weekend. How sad is your life that you spend it lurking on a forum commenting on things that are non of your business, and to make it worse your comments don’t even make sense.’

one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
You funny! Instead of being stupidly cryptic and lacking in details, why not simply state from the beginning, in its entirety, what it is you want to do? Most folks don't have time to play guessing games.

I the end, it might be more effective to have someone carve you a new stock to your specs than to monkey around with adapting pattern stocks.

To borrow a phrase from the Campfire, GFY. Big Grin

Aut vincere aut mori

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, attitude much, K98!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Please just go away. We don’t need or want mean, immature, and (most obviously) malignantly Narcissistic people around here. Miscommunication happens. It doesn’t matter whose fault it is. Mature, well adjusted folks continue conversations and seek clarification until clarification is made, and without creating drama or resorting to insulting behavior.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3285 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by z1r:
You funny! Instead of being stupidly cryptic and lacking in details, why not simply state from the beginning, in its entirety, what it is you want to do? Most folks don't have time to play guessing games.

I the end, it might be more effective to have someone carve you a new stock to your specs than to monkey around with adapting pattern stocks.

To borrow a phrase from the Campfire, GFY. Big Grin

You really are stupid. What is cryptic or lacking in detail of duplicating a Model 54?stock. What part of that do you find confusing? What I do with a M54s stock duplicate is non of your business. As for as “olTom” I specifically asked him about the Rigby pattern he lied and said he had. The only confusion is in your minds. Have a stock built to my specs? Or just make the stock that already exists and has for over a hundred years lol. You can’t really be that stupid can you? I think we both know that answer

posted Hide Post
quote:

There it is z1r the original post of your too stupid to look at the beginning of the thread. What detail do not see what about that post has you confused on the intent? No wonder your wife cheated on you your a complete idiot lol

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

There it is z1r the original post of your too stupid to look at the beginning of the thread. What detail do not see what about that post has you confused on the intent? No wonder your wife cheated on you your a complete idiot lol

Young feller, do you have spel chek?

one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
And now we know why Tom is perhaps less than enthused about taking you on as a client. One can only tolerate so much BS before the stench becomes overwhelming.

I know at least a few guys I don't like that I'd be happy to recommend you to.

Aut vincere aut mori

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can recommend a couple also.

posted Hide Post
quote:
And now we know why Tom is perhaps less than enthused about taking you on as a client.

Your almost to dumb to respond to. Tom was still trying in vain to sell me his poor excuse for a Rigby pattern and also trying to pawn that Rigby abortion rifle he’s selling on this thread after I stopped dealing with him. I never said a cross word or said anything disparaging about his wannabe Rigby or the fact that he lied about having an original....until he came on this thread and then sent multiple emails still trying to sell the abortion and make excuses about why he lied. Anybody with a brain could see from the first two posts that I had no desire to buy anything from Tom. Surely you have something better to do than continue making yourself look stupid on this thread?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
....ignore list... done.

Butch, fer the love of Pete, learn to read. He was putting that asshat K98 on ignore! Big Grin

Young feller, that's funny!

Thanks Mike.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 944 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
And now we know why Tom is perhaps less than enthused about taking you on as a client.

Your almost to dumb to respond to. Tom was still trying in vain to sell me his poor excuse for a Rigby pattern and also trying to pawn that Rigby abortion rifle he’s selling on this thread after I stopped dealing with him. I never said a cross word or said anything disparaging about his wannabe Rigby or the fact that he lied about having an original....until he came on this thread and then sent multiple emails still trying to sell the abortion and make excuses about why he lied. Anybody with a brain could see from the first two posts that I had no desire to buy anything from Tom. Surely you have something better to do than continue making yourself look stupid on this thread?

Young feller, I was always told that the deeper you dug the harder it was to climb out. I believe that you are there. A brand new guy looking to make friends! Chuckle chuckle chuckle

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi, I'm new here, and checking if anyone can help me. Oh, and you are all a bunch of assholes.
So who wants to help??

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theback40:
Hi, I'm new here, and checking if anyone can help me. Oh, and you are all a bunch of assholes.
So who wants to help??

If nothing else was accomplished this one single thread has revealed the level of stupidity some of you have.
It’s cause and effect you mindless retards olTom or should I say lying Tom got this going.Only two people offered any an actual help the rest of you just KEEP posting stupid crap. Do you not know how to read. Are you reading the posts backwards or out of order. You should realize ol Tom has left the building after starting this mess about his pitiful stock that no one wants. This thread had nothing to do with Tom or his abortion of a stock. How can this be explained so you understand?

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Young feller, I was always told that the deeper you dug the harder it was to climb out. I believe that you are there. A brand new guy looking to make friends! Chuckle chuckle chuckle

WTF is wrong with you? I have real live friends that I see in person. I don’t need a bunch of computer friends. You may spend your life sitting behind a screen making “make believe friends” but I don’t. FYI the thread was about a stock duplicator not making friends not about your sad life, not about toms make believe stock, not even about you lol. Does anybody in real life ever listen to anything you say? I’m guessing that’s why you spend your life on forums nobody in the real world wants to hear any of your stupid nonsense.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And yet, you keep posting instead of moving on?

one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
Wow. I now have one person on my ignore list. There are some fine folks in this thread with plenty of experience and knowledge, and willing to share it. Dpcd worked on a Mauser for me and will be building another. I plan to ask for a second spot on his waiting list. Some folks need to talk less and listen more. (Ok, write and read)

Posts: 7480 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
K98..if you want a real stock, made to your specs, you're not looking very hard. You won't find RX eyeglasses on the shelf at the drug store either.

There are full time pros on this forum and elsewhere that have the qualifications.

Posts: 3454 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Still not sure why the OP keeps calling me a liar. I do own a rigby pattern; with the rounded grip, no cheekpiece, 1.5 heel drop, etc, and I was just trying to help someone with a project with a stock I have on hand (true, not a rigby). Sorry my efforts were not appreciated.

Can't fathom it. I try to help everyone.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane Wiebe (CG&R):
K98..if you want a real stock, made to your specs, you're not looking very hard. You won't find RX eyeglasses on the shelf at the drug store either.

There are full time pros on this forum and elsewhere that have the qualifications.

Your absolutely right. I have found a pro and it is being taken care of.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
dpcd: Not to worry.... just has a bug up his ass.

Posts: 3454 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
Still not sure why the OP keeps calling me a liar. I do own a rigby pattern; with the rounded grip, no cheekpiece, etc, and I was just trying to help someone with a project with a stock I have on hand (true, not a rigby). Sorry my efforts were not appreciated.

Can't fathom it. I try to help everyone.

I probably should have never responded when you came on this thread and popped off about me buying a duplicator and doing it myself. I do have a temper and I hate arguing on a forum I really wish we could all have handled it in person there would have been far fewer participants involved I guarantee you that.
As for the lies. You told me you had a Rigby pattern that you sell, not close not a Mauser sporter not a fat remchester. Go back and read the emails. If you would have told me from the first email you had a knock off we would have been done right there. As for helping me? Helping me would be you making a stock for free,me paying you is a buyer seller agreement. I’m not looking for a handout or help I’m looking for someone to make me a stock and I will pay them the money they ask In return or I’ll go somewhere else real simple.When I show up to work tomorrow morning I’m not helping them they are not helping me,I will do the job I’m paid for or we will part ways real simple.
As for the morons with the stupid comments, what can you say most of them made no sense. It’s like reading something a first grader would write, no comprehension of what the subject is what they are commenting about, who’s involved nothing. Just random stupid comments to feel that void they have of wanting to be apart of the group. Like I said it would have been a lot quicker in person.
Now we are done, this subject is done and the morons can rest easy behind there computer screens with the satisfaction of knowing they have finally made a difference and are now relevant lol. Thanks too the couple people that offered help.