THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    SDH and Sports Afield pulled a Good One on Lefties
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SDH and Sports Afield pulled a Good One on Lefties
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just received the Msrch/April Sports Afield. I was excited to see a left hand Brno ZG 47 in Steve's Custom Shop column. I didn't know they ever made a southpaw version. Turns out they didn't. I'm sure that it was a not-so-savvy staffer who probably thought the rifle looked better facing to the right so simply reversed the image. Steve would have noticed the error immediately. I'm still broken hearted that I can't have a southpaw ZG47.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2141 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There will be a correction, and some additional information in the next issue.

I noticed immediately, no doubt~~~

Astute reader and member here ~ custombolt also pointed out to me the the CG-47 were the large ring actions while the small ring actions (as shown) were on the M-21 and M-22 rifles~~ with Podnik on the action side.

ACGG Life Member, since 1985

Posts: 1787 | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What is your impression of the ZG-47 action?

Posts: 615 | Location: a cold place | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SDH:
There will be a correction, and some additional information in the next issue.

I noticed immediately, no doubt~~~

Astute reader and member here ~ custombolt also pointed out to me the the CG-47 were the large ring actions while the small ring actions (as shown) were on the M-21 and M-22 rifles~~ with Podnik on the action side.

SDH you wrote that the BRNO zg47 was a small ring action? Isn't the BRNO 21 the small ring action and the Brno zg47 the large ring action. I have several of both and at least that's the way all mine are.

Posts: 223 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was wrong and there will be a correction in the next issue. The ZG-47 was apparently the large ring while the small ring action came on the M-21 and M-22. i only had examples of the small ring actions. custombolt straightened me out on the difference. I had a factory M-21 and a custom rifle by Joe Smithson as the only examples for my study. Both fine rifles and I was very impressed with the action.
I would love to see, study and photograph a ZG-47~~~ hint~hint~

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SDH:
I was wrong and there will be a correction in the next issue. The ZG-47 was apparently the large ring while the small ring action came on the M-21 and M-22. i only had examples of the small ring actions. custombolt straightened me out on the difference. I had a factory M-21 and a custom rifle by Joe Smithson as the only examples for my study. Both fine rifles and I was very impressed with the action.
I would love to see, study and photograph a ZG-47~~~ hint~hint~

Ralf Martini .338WinMag on a Brno ZG-47
Duane Wiebe .300HH on a Brno ZG-47
Duane Wiebe 9.3x64mm on A Brno ZG-47

Posts: 223 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
I need to check my mailbox for my copy!

I have a ZG47 sitting in my garage waiting to become a 8x68s!

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3043 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Austin,
If your rifle is stock factory i'd really love to study and photograph it!!
Steven

one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
Noticed it immediately. Figured they flipped the photo for aesthetic reasons without thinking the rifle would be mirrored.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote