THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Anyone shoot anything with a B. Bradshaw rifle?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone shoot anything with a B. Bradshaw rifle?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone taken a Bailey Bradshaw rifle hunting and if so, what caliber and what results?

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine is supposedly nearing completion, a double with barrel sets in 500 and 450-400 NE. It will accompany me on my 17th African safari next year if that comes to fruition.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Seems like somebody should be shooting something with one of these. I read about them but not about who uses them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I discovered Bailey b/4 he was 'found'.
I'm truly rifle poor and already owning several #1s, was looking at Dakota #10s. I wanted something 'special'. That IS what Bailey built me !
I had him build me his falling block single shot in 7x57R.
I bought a 2 piece blank from Chic Worthing (that I found on AR) and sent it to Bailey.
Bailey built me a fantastic, extremely accurate, truly gorgeous little rifle.
I reload for 26+ cartridges, (and am anal a/b my loads and accuracy) but on this rifle, I ordered a case of 7x57R Hornady ammo from Graf's (primarily for the brass).
Even w/ 'factory'loads, my 'analness' is satisfied.
I am truly glad I found Bailey and bypassed the Dakota. The Dakota is a truly elegant rifle, but it is NOT a one of a kind "Bradshaw".

You will have to exercise patience, BUT in my opinion, it IS worth it !

Posts: 1991 | Location: Sinton, TX | Registered: 16 June 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies.
I have single shots from Ralf Martini, a B78 Browning, a Martini 310 Cadet converted to 22 LR and a old Ruger 1B in '06.
Just wondering what it would be like to shoot and own a double falling block.
Better tomorrows!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a single shot break open side lever rifle built for my collection. It is a two barrel set built by B. Bradshaw several years ago the first set of barrels is the standard 7x65r and the second set is 9.5x74r (the reason for this is I just wanted something different) the gun is very light weight and the only thing I have shot with it is deer here in KS it has outstanding accuracy in the 7x64R,but the heavy 9.5x74R has been used only to shoot pigs in Texas. That recoil in the heavy caliber makes shooting proper groups hard enough it is very hard to do it justice.

Posts: 243 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 06 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So Bailey's guns aren't used for hunting?

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2141 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
I read a month or so ago that many have not received their rifles that are way past due. So maybe not too many are out there? I seen one of his doubles he had on display at I think Dallas years ago. Was not a very sleek rifle and I didn't like the action nor the lion engraving.

Mac

Posts: 1723 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I recently sold my Bradshaw 9.3x74R DR that was incredibly accurate and the best design I have seen. Either due to bad luck or my poor hunting skills, the only thing other than paper I shot was a doe on a doe day.

Bailey makes a great rifle, but I am concerned about his turn-out rate. If he had a production team and the financial backing, his double rifles would be the worlds best in my opinion.

What I'm really after is a .375 Flanged built on the same frame as the 9.3. Neither Bailey nor Merkel wants to do that. I don't get it. A .375 Flanged should weigh no more than 9 lbs without optics.

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
Diameter of the bases differ between those. The .375 FL Mag is .517" v. .489" for the 9.3x74R. Unless they change the position of the firing pins that means there would .028" less metal between the .375 chambers, 0.014" less per chamber wall. They have to draw the line somewhere for the largest cartridge in an action. That must be where.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Old Thread but back in 10/13 I took a Bradshaw 2 barrel set to Namibia. I killed a cape buffalo at 115 yards with the scoped 375 barrels. The other set is 470NE.

They are the most accurate double rifles made. Unfortunately they are made very slowly.

Bill

Posts: 22 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: 17 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
Since the action is a Farquharson I assume it could easily handle belted mags? I think a 458 Win Mag would be sweet - easier ammo to buy, easier ammo to reload for and I already have a lot loaded with 450 gr NFs.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3043 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately there are very few Bradshaw rifles out there. Most remain as long-unfulfilled orders.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote