New
Find
Notify
Tools

Two left hand pattern stocks
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I’ve been working on a couple of rifles for some time. One is a left hand Granite Mountain G34/40 in .30/06. The other is Left hand zastava 70 with a 9.3X62 barrel borrowed from a prewar Husqvarna 146 originally a 9.3X57. I used the 146 stock and modified it to left hand. The .30/06 has a BRNO 22 stock modified to left hand. i have sent them off to be duplicated in good wood. This approach is a good one for me. I used Bondo and acraglas and wood inlays to get a perfect fit and shape. I made a few mistakes along the way but I corrected them and moved along. They both will use a low scope and/or iron sights so the combs are fairly low. Here are some photos: https://imgur.com/gallery/xQ0mhHR

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2141 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good job!

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
I did not realize that Husky barrel would screw onto a LH Zastava.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
very good job.

Posts: 1732 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have 55 Husqvarna 146s on the way. All have wonderfully contoured barrels and nice irons. All are 9.3X57 on prewar FN M98 Commercial Msuser actions. Barrels and Stocks will look like the ones I altered.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2141 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote