Find
Notify
Tools

My 1917 Enfield
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just Outstanding!!!!!!

Posts: 41769 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
A most beauteous rifle. I have fancied one as original in quite used condition.

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Beautiful.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch,

That rifle is magnificent.

Are you going to the Super Shoot this year? If so, where are you staying? If you are and will bring that gun, I will bring a couple of mine and some Scotch. I just love squeezing fine guns and lying about them to my friends.

I haven't seen flat top checkering in a long time. That's hard to do.

I just found out about this forum. Wonderful!

Dick Wright

Posts: 669 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 27 March 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Another beautiful rifle in the Butch Lambert collection! Very well executed... I would be proud to own it and I know you are.

Not that it matters but did I miss the caliber?

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is a 416 Rigby.
Dick,I won't make it this year. I really hate to miss it! I always have a great time with all the people there and our friends from all over the world. Save a nip of that fine scotch for me. I just got it in my hands earlier this week. I believe it is a most beautiful rifle. We really have some great craftsmen out there.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch,

Re: the SS... I plan on visiting for two or three days. If I shoot, it would be just one day. I miss seeing the people... it's the one time a year that most of the shooters get together.

I'm surprised and impressed by the names of some of the posters here. It appears that I'm not the only curmudgeonly old phartte that ever stocked a rifle.

I'll miss you at Kelbley's.

Dick

Dick Wright

One of Us
posted Hide Post
BUMP

Dick Wright

One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
Wow, that looks nice. It reminds me of some of the Enfield based rifles I saw in a few pre-war British gun catalogs.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very nice and i really like the 416 Rigby.

Posts: 1361 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Well, Butch, you've knocked it out of the park with this rifle and I know you must be pleased with it. It's about as handsome as a rifle can get. Congrats to all involved.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Forrest,
Your opinion as well as the rest means a lot to me.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Dick Wright: I'd love to see you again, if only for coffee and pie. What days will you be at the range? I'll be certain to make it. I thought that by now you were only communicating with a stylus, in clay, in cuneiform, or whatever the Jackpine Savages up there use when they are under the ground.

Lynn M. Collins
Elyria, Ohio

Posts: 48 | Location: Elyria, Ohio USofA | Registered: 14 November 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Butch awesome do you have more pictures particulary of the build and some of the right hand side ? I did a while back see a post somewhere of the build but cant remember where any leads you have would be much appericated.

Posts: 15 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 10 May 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a beautiful rifle. When a rifle is really well done the whole rifle makes up more than the sum of the parts, and your rifle is really well done!

As another member posted, the beautiful metal work and the lovely stock aren't competing, they just compliment each other.

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will try to take photos of the right side of the rifle tomorrow. They will not be this quality of course.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would classify this as the "other woman". I too am a fan of the Enfield 1917. Congratulations!

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwanamrm:
Another beautiful rifle in the Butch Lambert collection! Very well executed... I would be proud to own it and I know you are.

tu2

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
I'm drooling waiting for the right side pictures!

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3043 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know. I need to get off my butt and do it. I need to shoot pics of my new Mini Mauser also.

One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
So...did you get up off your ass? Wink

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No Steve I didn't.

one of us
posted Hide Post
How about in December?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here are some crummy photos.

I think that somebody asked for the right hand side, but these are the LH I believe.

I was looking at the wrong pics when I made these. I will try to get more.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Let's try this again.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Poetry in wood and steel.

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
Nice - I love the timing on the crossbolts!

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3043 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
Thanks Butch...now I can sleep at nights. All kidding aside, that is a very nice rifle. I need to trade an argie for an Enfield I guess!

Enjoy!!!

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did you say the maker of the barrel?

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is a Shilen.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey that blank turned out beautiful. Very nice rifle.