New
Find
Notify
Tools

main coon cats
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
anybody have address or # for trust worthy readers? only thing I find don't sound too trustful. thanks

One of Us
Picture of stubbleduck47
posted Hide Post
Look up Yeti Coons web site. I have a two year old male (18 lbs at last Vet visit) from them and got a male, now almost a year old for my daughters family. Great lady owns / runs the business. It's in Northern Minnesota
Also Maineflashes in Texas near Dallas. Our second Maine Coon (22 lbs at last Vet visit) is from this breeder. Gretta Woodward is her name and they have a website you can find by Googling Mainflashes.

Posts: 911 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ok thanks for information.

one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
I go to the Yeti and the Texas site every now and then but haven't pulled the trigger. Good luck and let us know if you pick one up. I guess I should have done it before the C-19 thing hit. Be Well, Packy.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
True Packy. This C-19 has definitely changed our regular lifestyle. Of course I need another cat like a hog needs a sidesaddle. As my daughter in law says, "I'm just one cat away from being the crazy cat lady." Big Grin

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We have three Maine coon/tabby crosses - brothers from the same litter (all fixed). The big one is 19 1/2 lbs at his last vet visit, the other two about 14. They're very playful and energetic at 7 years old. The big one is very docile, and there's no real fighting. They stay inside.
I told my wife when we got them they were the crazy cat lady starter kit.

one of us
posted Hide Post
That's too funny Mike Rowe. I still ache for another sweet and loving big cat. The daughter used to have one named Winston. Had to give him up when she got a divorce and I got one of her cats but I drew the line at two cats in the house. I already had one. Be Well, Packy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I didn't have the cats I do I would certainly consider getting a Maine Coon. Since we have lost several cats to the coyotes over the years I don't let my 2 indoor guys go out except on the upper screened in deck. My 3rd (tuxedo cat) is a man of the world so I let him out regularly so he can hang out with his rif-raf friends down by the dumpster. Big Grin

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We have inside cats, and outside cats. When we had in/out cats, way too many "hitch hikers" came in on them. What you get for living in the woods.
The outside cats usually are rescues, they show up here after they get dumped off. My neighbor has a vet clinic, and a-holes are constantly dumping off animals right in front of it. I guess they think he'll just take care of them. The last one was already spayed, I had taken her over there to get that done, and he called me to tell me there were no parts in there, so she just got sewed up again.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There's a warm place for folks that dump animals. Over the years we have had quite a few. Mostly dogs but a lot of cats as well. And you can't keep them all. My son took and dropped off the dog to the Humane Society + they said they would take it but he had to pay $75.00 for the shots. He said, never mind, I'll just shoot it. They changed their mind + decided to take it. On a more happy thought let me pass this along. A woman I knew was working at a Circle K gas station right beside I 35 + was looking out the window + playing with her new camera when this guy on the overpass stops + dumps a box of kittens on the road. Click went her camera showing the act + his license plate. She said she turned it in but I never heard what happened. They ought to fry his ass.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
One of my granddads had a big ranch and it was shocking how many critters were 'dropped off' unannounced by dumb assed utopian folks thinking that all of them could find a loving home there. I can't count how many dogs and cats were dropped off. A lot of the cats stayed around and became wild and acted as mousers. Occasionally we would take one home and they turned into good mousers. One had a stub tail from who knows what. The dogs were often taken to the small town and given to families or if they stuck around, eventually ran away or got taken by coyotes and cougars. If they stayed they were always fed. All of them were outside critters-none were invited inside.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Well, domit, I hope you got your Maine Coon Cat!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16288 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Linda wants a Maine Coon, although we already have 3 cats. She keeps showing me online pics of these sweet babies. I think that is a woman thing. I have to remain firm. I am at an age when the tail game doesn't work anymore. Cool I would love to have one too but not at the expense of being another "Crazy Cat Person". I guess the dog + me can just go spend our lives out in the shop. Frowner

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
NormanConquest
one of us

posted 14 July 2020 10:02

Ogden Nash said it best: The trouble with a kitten is that, eventually it becomes a cat!

Jim

Posts: 1205 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
N C I'm hoping your shop is reallllly nice! Be Well Packy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is Packy, but I spend my days out there. I don't want to spend my nights as well. Smiler

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
I love my Maine coon cat. Named her Sierra (bullets Big Grin ). She has never been around another cat but she acts just like a dog, and gets along with my yorkie. Funny personality

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote