Find
Notify
Tools

mountain caribou
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted
what are the areas for the biggest mountain caribou?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can't say if it's still this way as it's been years since I hunted there but an area in Northern BC called the Kawdy Plateau produced just outstanding heads late in the season. They were some of the nicest Caribou I ever saw. Good luck...

Edward Lundberg

Posts: 335 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 13 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Blackstone Outfitters in the Yukon. Biggest animals and longest antlers and most impressive trophies overall. Spatsizi in B.C. has some great scoring "fancy" caribou as well.

Jim

Posts: 383 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada | Registered: 25 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Spatsizi is for sale!

$7,500,000.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Golden Bear Outfitting area west of Dease lake puts up some serious Booners, worth checking them out.

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net

Posts: 1227 | Location:  | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
NWT

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chilcotin hillbilly:
Golden Bear Outfitting area west of Dease lake puts up some serious Booners, worth checking them out.

He has good prices, thank you for that!

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
BC mountain caribou don't come close to those in the Yukon and NWT. Gana River in the NWT consistently produces huge bulls as do outfitters on both sides of them. You want a giant mountain caribou you go to the MacKenzies!

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I went with Mervyn's Yukon Outfitting this past September on a Moose/Caribou hunt. Their hunting area is just northwest of Whitehorse. I ended up with a good moose and a great mountain caribou. The caribou was officially scored at 425 7/8 B&C, which puts it at 33 in the book. The general area around Aishihik Lake has produced several record book Mtn. Caribou in the last 20 years. I had a great time and enjoyed the hunt. I selected Mervyn's for quality of hunt and the fact that their hunts are all horseback based. They specialize in Dall Sheep, but the Moose and Caribou are also very good as well.

Hope this helps.

Posts: 30 | Location: Coeur d Alene, Idaho | Registered: 21 January 2007Reply With Quote