THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CANADIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Canadian Hunting    Canadians can't compete with Europeans ?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Canadians can't compete with Europeans ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tra...owing-overboard.html

So Canadians can't compete with Europeans so they can't interbreed !! What a put down. Canadians , stand up for your country !!! 2020

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I read that article the first thing I think is "bullshit". We are to believe that there are enough bleeding hearts who would buy lobsters to throw away that they are routinely showing up in lobster traps? Is this interesting behavior showing up in other places, perhaps with European lobsters? Double bullshit. The well meaning but misinformed customers want the lobsters freed, but don't bother removing the rubber bands? Triple bullshit.

What is more likely is that there enough European lobster fishermen who can't compete with Canadian lobster that they would stage these "finds". Next they and their industry representatives will lobby to have Canadian lobsters banned from cruise ships in the interest of protecting their waters. I wonder how that would affect the sales of European lobster? Follow the money.

The European fur industry did something similar by having apparanty unrelated lobbyists push for international humane trap standards that conveniently exempted fox and mink traps from the standards. In other words, get laws passed that affected their competition but had minimal effect on the local interests. The enemy of your enemy is your friend.

Posts: 1928 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 30 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
‘They are usually Canadian lobster as they are cheap.

Sure as Hell ain't cheap in Canada. Big Grin

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are here, 8.99 lb cooked fresh in Sobeys or 7.99 live.

During the season you can buy lobster cheaper than blade steak.

Posts: 475 | Location: Moncton, New Brunswick | Registered: 30 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by martinbns:
They are here, 8.99 lb cooked fresh in Sobeys or 7.99 live.

During the season you can buy lobster cheaper than blade steak.

14. a pound at Sobey's here, on the hoof.

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I bought two five pound lobsters in Edmonton back around Dec. 12th for around $7/lb. Not a bad price, but in my haste to get home I forgot to check the shells. I didn't notice how soft they were until I was just about to drop them in the pot. Boy was I PO'd, there was only about a 1/3 of the meat that there should have been.

Yet another example of poor quality Canadians, both me and the lobsters!

Posts: 8 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 29 January 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
$13 a lb in twhitehorse do not know about the pacific ones ...

Posts: 1732 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote