Find
Notify
Tools

Fall bear season
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted
Well our fall bear season is off to a good start. Lots of bear activity and our first three hunters were tagged out in a few days.

Biggest was 510 pounds with a 21 3/16 skull. Smallest was an archery hunters bear that was a shoe in for Pope and Young with a 19 1/2 inch skull.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1810 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
good start.

a lot of meat and sausage for this winter ..

Posts: 1732 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good start.
Any photos Smiler

Have a good day.

Posts: 125 | Location: Deep woods of Norway | Registered: 24 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norway_Moose_hunter:
Good start.
Any photos Smiler

Yes I have photos……… Smiler I don't do photo bucket though, so no way to put them on here as I understand it.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1810 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh...To bad.

Have a good day.

Posts: 125 | Location: Deep woods of Norway | Registered: 24 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skyline:
quote:
Originally posted by Norway_Moose_hunter:
Good start.
Any photos Smiler

Yes I have photos……… Smiler I don't do photo bucket though, so no way to put them on here as I understand it.

Kelly,

any web pcitures storage will give you a forum link and will work here ...

Phil

Posts: 1732 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
Thanks Phil but I do not use any web picture storage site………. guess I will eventually break down and do that. Pain in the ass though as I don't need one for anything else. I don't spend much time on forums and since some of my photos do end up in magazines I have to make sure that I am not losing control of an image on the internet prior to someone paying me to use it. Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not a problem Kelly,

do what you can no worries.

Btw nice article on the different kind of stocks ...

One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medved:
Not a problem Kelly,

do what you can no worries.

Btw nice article on the different kind of stocks ...

Thanks Phil, glad you liked it.

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
Try tinypic.com no account needed, easy to use and can upload direct from your computer to tinypic then copy and paste onto your thread here.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Atta boy, sounds like you guys are off to a great start.

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net

Posts: 1227 | Location:  | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505 gibbs:
Try tinypic.com no account needed, easy to use and can upload direct from your computer to tinypic then copy and paste onto your thread here.

Thanks for the info…….. will have a look at that.

One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
Our archery hunter from this past week got a really nice 422 pound dark chocolate coloured boar. Another shoe-in Pope and Young bear.

It was rather cool this past week, but thankfully the snow stayed out in Alberta. Smiler

One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
Had a great day. Our new group of 4 all saw a lot of bears and two nice boars went down this evening, including a 408 pound boar with a 20+ skull.

The highlight however, was a nice wolf taken by a hunter from California………. or as he says, the land of fruits and nuts. Wink He shot a really nice wolf that was white with a light tray saddle. An old wolf with worn teeth and some scaring from fighting. A wonderful trophy.

Once the hunts are done for the fall I will try the pic host and post some pictures. Too busy to mess with it right now.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Congrats to all!

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
Well our fall bear season is over. As usual everyone saw multiple bears and had opportunity at shooters. We had 13 fall hunters and took 11 bears and one wolf. One hunter did not see what he wanted and one wounded and lost……… sad but it happens.

So all in all it was a good season with two B&C all time and two B&C awards, 3 Pope and Young and one Muzzleloader………… all would make SCI. Not bad for 13 hunters.

Will now try and upload some pics through the site that 505 gibbs mentioned. In the next few days as we are tired and I still have to get out there and put a moose in the freezer. Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome season, you can't ask for much better.

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net

Posts: 1227 | Location:  | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With Quote