New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock Magazines
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone have any suggestions for taking a Glock magazine floorplate apart that doesn't require the strength of a gorilla? I'm told just squeeze and slide it off but it doesn't seem that easy for me or for that matter a couple friends who also curse at them. Anyone have any tips?

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
Yes, Do you have the Glock tool? No, You can use a hex tool, Allen wrench, Nail, that fits the release that you insert from the bottom. push the tab all the way in.
I use a small C-Clamp I picked up at the hardware for $2. use it to squeeze the sides of the mag where the locking tabs are. pull the hex key up a little and move the floor plate off the locking tabs. You will hear a click. Keep you thumb over the opening so the spring doesn't fly out.
that's a step by step that works for me.
Dave

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ahhh, well it depends on the generation of the Glock mags you have. The early generation mags was just a simple squeeze and slide off. That's the way it was with my Gen 1 Glock 17L. Now they have added the "release" in the middle of the mag that hivelosity mentioned. In the latter case, he has described the process properly.

They added the release because as a mag would get older, the base would slip off on its own. I still have some brass weights that would just slip on that I used when I shot IPSC. The release coincides, I believe, with the drop free mags.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote