New
Find
Notify
Tools

Citadel 1911
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone with experience/opinion/facts about Legacy Sports Citadel 1911? Have visited their web page but who knows more about the gun? Just another Phillipines import?

thanks

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you; Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your sins, the other for your freedom...."

Posts: 426 | Location: Yakima, Washington, USA | Registered: 30 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just another Phillipines import

Buddy, not sure what you mean by this but I have a Charles Daly Commander style gun which was, I believe, made in the Phillipines. Nothing wrong with it at all. Goes bang every time and has served as my carry gun. I also did not pay $800-1200 for it! It is a good functional firearm. Not sure what you are looking for.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply. Also posted inquiry on another site and was referred to 1911.org. Those guys seem to know there stuff. Lots of information. Found out that the Citadel is an Armscor replacement for the Charles Daly line when they left and went to an Israeli manufacturer. Cast frame and milled slide with upgraded Rock Island Armory (Armscor) furniture. Imported by Legacy Sports Inc. Several posts of very good functioning and fit but a question as to finish durablility. Local shop in Yakima, WA offering full size and commander variation for $550. Other posters related as good as or better than Taurus but personal perference to individual shooter. Life time warrant to Armscor facility in Nevada from buyer and not back through LSI. No mention of parts interchange with standard Colt/Springfield parts or with custom guys like Chip McCormick/Wilson/Ed Brown etc. Colts/Springfields getting too expensive these days and with limited availability.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you; Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your sins, the other for your freedom...."

Posts: 426 | Location: Yakima, Washington, USA | Registered: 30 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Buddy, $5550 sounds a little steep to me, but I am out of the market for new guns! Check out GunBroker.Having said that, I received an ad for new Detonics for $699 which I suspect might be a better gun. The only thing I did to my Charles Daly was to change out the spring to a stiffer one.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
check out the new para. i think you'll like it

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote