Find
Notify
Tools

1911 Clone suggestions
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MyNameIsEarl
posted
I just had my truck/carry gun stolen last weekend out of my truck. It was hidden well I thought but damn punks broke in and found it. Lesson learned!

Insurance company paid me and I am in the market for a new 1911 Clone. The stolen one was a cheap ATI GI model that I had polished the ramp, lowered port, and added a beaver too. I want to upgrade a little to something a little better made.

Anyone have any recommendations in the $600 to $700 range. Want a 4 inch full size frame. Are the Taurus models decent?

Posts: 749 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
taurus has a pretty good name, don't overlook rock island and iver johnson while leave a taurus in the truck recently got a iver johnson and was very pleased with it

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Charles Daly or EAA Witness. I have a Charles Daly, Commander style and several EAA's. Don't know if Charles Daly is still around.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ruger's are very nice 1911's.

The only Charles Daly 1911 I ever had contact with was a piece of junk.

Posts: 19365 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
While I am a HUGE 1911 fan, give the new SigSauer P320 a look. It's in your price range, accurate and has a fantastic trigger. Plus the full size holds 10 rounds. I've got 8 1911's and after buying a P320 in .40 S&W, I bought the 320 in .45 acp, both the compact and the full size.

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1098 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MyNameIsEarl
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys for the information. I prefer a 70 series and I think only Springfield, Rock Island, and a couple others are making those. Not opposed to an 80 series just prefer the 70.

Posts: 749 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I agree that the 70 series is superior;however I keep a Kimber as the truck gun + NOT my Les Baer,because I know that I will lose the piece + if I get it back it will not be my Les Baer.We have WAY TOO MANY asshole cops down here.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote