Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Verney carron 500 3”
 Login/Join

posted
I have recently had the opportunity to buy a dream rifle , I have no idea what the rifle would be worth I know it’s got amazing wood on it and made by Jerome ,fits me like a glove and has less than 50 shots through it and well looked after what would be a ball park figure of what would be to much to pay ? What would one cost new? Also?

Posts: 13 | Location: victoria austraila | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saddle, welcome to AR. It's tough to put a value on it from over here with the exchange rate and all, but the VC doubles are fine rifles, with a triple lockup breech that you'll never wear out.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I can convert currency no worries, very small market here so I understand nothing will spot on and different to your value I’m pretty much sold on it as I would never sell it , would it appreciate over time or are they just a consumable?

Posts: 13 | Location: victoria austraila | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It would bring $12,000 to $14,500 USD over here, depending on how "dolled up" it is.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thank you great response!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
It would bring $12,000 to $14,500 USD over here, depending on how "dolled up" it is.

Jon, do you mean 12.000-14.500 as used or as a new rifle ? I understand that a new Verney Carron cost a great bit more today. But what have happened to Verney Carron after Jerome joined Rigby I do not know.

Morten

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1137 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Morten, I assumed he was looking at a used rifle? Yes, a new one would be closer to $20,000.

posted Hide Post
Called in today and took a pic of it rifle is the bottom one top one is a Hollis 450
[IMG] https://i.imgur.com/5YiwxQ8.jpg [/img]
I didn’t realise but he’s actually been on two hunts with Jerome one in Zimbabwe and one somewhere else I can’t remember but he showed me pics of him and Jerome I thought that was pretty cool

posted Hide Post
He has lots of nice rifles one of my favourites is the purdey but his Westly richards is also pretty cool
https://i.imgur.com/gib3NVl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/4ZUu7Et.jpg

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some real beauties there!! Congrats on your new rifle and thanks for sharing!

DRSS

Posts: 1151 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!

Low Saddle: where did you come up with that handle?

Elk hunting area I nearly grew up in had three saddles.
One of my favorites was the Low Saddle. Killed my
first elk at the High Saddle though.

Cheers,

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5944 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hey mate just a spot I used to go to in the high county here in Victoria I used to backpack in 4 mile down a ridge there was a high saddle then a low saddle before dropping into the river I used to camp on the low saddle Smiler shot a couple of beauty’s out of there