Find
Notify
Tools

Demas
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bulbwerks
posted
Opinions on the quality of these doubles in relation to Heym and Searcy? Specifically in 470 NE or 500 NE.
Ben

Posts: 147 | Location: WI | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I shot garBy's 450/500. Real nice. IMHO the quality was more high end double like than entry level stuff you mentioned. Fit finish and metal work was very very nice. I will probably make a demas my next DR fix.
Chipolopolo

Posts: 376 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 21 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey, Ben.....yes, I own the gun that Chip shot and it IS a very nice double. Fit and finish are first rate and regulation is spot on. Barrels only come as 23.6" as the Merkels and Krieghoff do....I would prefer 26" as can be ordered from Searcy and Heym.
All being said, for the money they are a bargain...their finish, etc rivals much higher priced doubles.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I meant 450/400
Chip

Posts: 376 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 21 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ahhh....what's a couple of tenth's amongst friends......

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yahooooooo.. thats what I always tell my wife!!

BTW you missed the Elk and Antelope draw here.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Damn, Steve, you're right....I thought it was March 15?

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC