New
Find
Notify
Tools

JJ Perodeau Video
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Interesting video filmed for The Sportsman's Channel, but it's now posted on YouTube.

Posts: 362 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 25 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very good. Thank you.

DRSS

Posts: 1905 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yjrl7l9xstU

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very good

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Truly a master craftsman and just all-around good guy. Love that he is bringing his son into his business letting him decide as his father before him. Not many of his caliber left today, I'm afraid.

One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
That is great.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
Excellent video - many thanks for posting!

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Good guy, great gunsmith/gunmaker.

Mike

Posts: 21211 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jan Dumon
posted Hide Post
Seems that many of these great gun smiths had their schooling done in Liege.

Jan Dumon
Professional Hunter& Outfitter
www.shumbasafaris.com

+27 82 4577908

Posts: 774 | Location: Greater Kruger - South Africa | Registered: 10 August 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wonderful video. Seems like a place I'd love to experience.

Posts: 1426 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nhoro
posted Hide Post
Ironic to get home and see this posting. Spent yesterday developing a couple of loads for a Heym 450 NE that started as a .458 Win Mag until JJ re-chambered it for a 450 NE and re-regulated it for 450 grain bullets. He also added an ivory triangle to the rear site, a flip-up ivory bead to the front site, and increased the LOP from 14-1/2" to 15-1/4". SAA lost my .470 NE a couple years ago, and when I finally recovered it the stock was cracked on both sides of the receiver. Double Gun Imports said it would be around $3,000 to replace the stock. JJ secured the cracks for around $200 and the gun has seen another trip to Africa and a few hundred rounds with no issues. In fact, if you didn't know exactly where to look - you would never be able to tell cracks existed to begin with. Great gunsmith. He's the only one I trust to work on doubles.

JEB Katy, TX

Already I was beginning to fall into the African way of thinking: That if
you properly respect what you are after, and shoot it cleanly and on
the animal's terrain, if you imprison in your mind all the wonder of the
day from sky to smell to breeze to flowers—then you have not merely
killed an animal. You have lent immortality to a beast you have killed
because you loved him and wanted him forever so that you could always
recapture the day - Robert Ruark

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

one of us
Picture of mt Al
posted Hide Post
Great video, thanks for posting. Many years ago tried to save money going to someone else other than JJ to have claw bases put on a drilling. That ended up costing me a pile!

Posts: 1064 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 21 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Good guy, great gunsmith/gunmaker.

tu2

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote