Find
Notify
Tools

safari rifle challenge
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted
Who is heading up to Libby, Mt for the shoot competition the second weekend in June?

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
I will go.

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 985 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
We are just finalizing all the details so I will be posting a flyer here shortly but the date is set Saturday June 9th. To be added to our private email list please send an inquiry to Safaririflechallenge@yahoo.com.

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
Ya know I'm going. Hopefully we will have a good showing from AR this year.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2267 | Location: Houston, TX. | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
I will be heading to Libby next year to pick up my Leopard. I am hoping it is the same time.

Posts: 2328 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slider:
I will be heading to Libby next year to pick up my Leopard. I am hoping it is the same time.

You could always just leave it at Phil's shop until the next shoot no matter when it is finished! Smiler

"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would like to attend the shoot again this year.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Ja, with my 500 and 450

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
Link and a few photos from last years shoot.........

http://forums.accuratereloadin...751076332#9751076332

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
BTT

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
9 weeks away. It should be pretty exciting this year some of our targets are turbocharged!

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Looking forward....

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Show 'em how it's done, Mike! :-)

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boarkiller:
Ja, with my 500 and 450

Boarkiller,
never knew that you were a DR guy !

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
We try to up our target speeds every year. I am pleased to announce that the "warp drives" are complete. Field testing is currently underway!

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, this is the same weekend as the Jack O'Connor Museum fundraiser, and following day gunshow/gun writers round table in Lewiston, ID. Many of the old Baker City,OR Double Rifle Shooters gather at JOC center with our shooting colleague Bradford O'Connor.
Cheers,

470EDDY

Posts: 2559 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
That's unfortunate hopefully you guys can make it to the shoot next year.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is definitely on my list to do soon. It just looks like you guys are having too much fun to not join in. Well done.

Bob

DRSS

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Posts: 810 | Location: MT | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ismith
posted Hide Post
My registration form is in the mail! Planning on bringing my Bauska imported ZKK 602 in 375 H&H.

What force or guile could not subdue,
Thro' many warlike ages,
Is wrought now by a coward few,
For hireling traitor's wages.

Posts: 249 | Location: Montana | Registered: 17 January 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
Bring that new Mauser 9x57 so we can fondle it!

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2267 | Location: Houston, TX. | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Sure looking forward to flinging some lead in Montana, with friends...

Mike

One of Us
Picture of ismith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lee440:
Bring that new Mauser 9x57 so we can fondle it!

I hope to bring some ammo along for it too!

What force or guile could not subdue,
Thro' many warlike ages,
Is wrought now by a coward few,
For hireling traitor's wages.

Posts: 249 | Location: Montana | Registered: 17 January 2018Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I received my rifle export permit from ATF yesterday.
It's going to be nice to get away from work for a couple of days and be around a bunch of folks who enjoy freedom, and hunting/shooting.Looking forward to testing my shooting skills against others as well.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
Awesome, looking forward to seeing you.

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Well it is almost time for safari rifle challenge... Almost ready to go...

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
about two weeks away

One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
For those of us who cannot attend

hopefully someone will post pictures of the mechanisms that make the moving targets go

Would like to see their ingenuity in design

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DuggaBoye:
For those of us who cannot attend

hopefully someone will post pictures of the mechanisms that make the moving targets go

Would like to see their ingenuity in design

Closely held trade secrets! Roll Eyes

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
flinging lead soon with you guys...

Mike

One of Us
Picture of ExpressYourself
posted Hide Post
This should be a great shoot this year. Jay, thanks for all of your hard work with planning and coordinating all of the moving parts to make this fabulous event happen!

Shawn Joyce
Diizche Safari Adventures
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648
E-mail: shawn.joyce@diizchesafariadventures.net
Cell: (916) 804-3318

Shoot Straight, Live the Dream, and Keep Turning the Pages to Your Next Adventure!™
Website- www.DiizcheSafariAdventures.com
Blog- http://diizchesafari.blogspot.com/
Twitter- http://twitter.com/DiizcheSafari
YouTube- http://www.youtube.com/user/shawncjoyce
Facebook- http://on.fb.me/gYytdn
Instagram: diizchesafari_official

Posts: 874 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: 24 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Warning, Frank Beller is approaching!!!!

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote