Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Searcy Classic??
 Login/Join

posted
Anyone have any pictures of this new model? I have read it will have a chrome/moly action instead of the s/s used on the others. Any ideas on the price or other details would be appreciated.

Posts: 1148 | Location: The Hunting Fields | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Price, $12,000 till the price increase which is likely about the end of this month. Trim rifle, weight is only 9.5# in 450-400 according to Butch.

posted Hide Post
I wonder what the price increase will amount to? I'd like to get one but need more than a week to get things in order! I'd want a 470 with 24" barrels, folding night site and hinged front trigger.

Posts: 1148 | Location: The Hunting Fields | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The price will go to $15,000.00 the first of FEB. That is why I ordered mine early. I will take delivery later in the year.

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
cchunter has pics on his website:

www.cchunter.se

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of KINO
posted Hide Post
John Call Butch and get in a deposit to reserve a place in line. Waiting a week will put you even further down the line after the DSC show. You can likely work out a deposit of less that %50 and send the rest later. At Reno several persons were told about a year out for new orders.
I also asked about the night sight. All three seemed to think it was mostly for show and not real practical in todays hunting. I opted out.

Posts: 470 | Location: SYRACUSE, UT, USA | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of KINO
posted Hide Post
BTW the action is chrome moly and the articulated trigger is extra.

Posts: 470 | Location: SYRACUSE, UT, USA | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone, I'll try to contact Butch and get something going. I've already sent an email so maybe I'll hear from him before the Dallas show gets going.