New
Find
Notify
Tools

Outboard motor
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just bought a new 20HP Honda outboard motor and I am very pleased with it. I bought the electric start model which also comes with electric tilt and a larger capacity charging system. The electric start also has a recoil starter as well as a back up to it---a rope you can wind around the flywheel. Out of the box they added oil and hooked up water for coolant put a little gas in the tank and squeezed the primer bulb and pulled the recoil starter and it fired right up. Only put about 3 hours on it and have started it 4 times with the rope and it's 100% first pull( I have used the electric start too and it's instant start). The tank is 3 gallons and during the 3 hours which was a mixture of full speed and trolling I have used about 1/4 tank which would be 3/4 of a gallon 3 quarts in 3 hours is a quart per hour. I find that very good. The steering is with a tiller handle and there is a friction control lever where you can make the steering very loose---handy at slow speed or when underway make it stiffer and it stays where you put it. The accelerator has same feature--on loose it returns to idle or stiffen it up and it stays put. Has a green light easily visible in sunlight that indicates oil pressure and the water stream showing cooling system working is easily visible. The thing is very quiet. Once over the pain of paying for it,I think it's going to be great.

Posts: 1289 | Location: San Angelo,Tx | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote