New
Find
Notify
Tools

Estate Planning
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Dave was a single guy, living at home with his widowed dad and working in the family business. He knew that eventually he would inherit a fortune once his sickly father passed away.

Dave wanted two things in life:

• to learn how to invest his inheritance well

and

• to find a wife to share his good fortune.

One evening at an estate planning seminar, he spotted the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. Her natural beauty took his breath away

Normally shy, he approached her. "I may look like just an ordinary man," he said to her, "but in just a few short years, my father will die, and I will inherit 20 million dollars."

Impressed, the beautiful woman accepted his business card.

Two weeks later, she became his stepmother.

Women are so much better at estate planning than men…

Posts: 13773 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Yep. Makes sense! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When it comes to money, women out think men every time.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Moremonte
posted Hide Post
rotflmo tu2 Oldest Con In History!!Gold Diggers Are Everywhere!!

Posts: 2024 | Location: Grove,OK. | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think it was Tom T. Hall who said they're all sitting on the world we want to win.

Posts: 10008 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tom T. was one helluva poet + songwriter. He's worth looking up for all the songs he wrote that were made famous by others. Quite a talent.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beaucoup years ago there was a song by Ella or Ertha Kit (I don't recall) about her having a furniture store + was trying to sell a chair with no results + the theme was "If I can't sell it I'm sitting on it. I ain't gonna give it away." I love the inuendos of the older songs that got them past the censors even though we all knew what the implication was. Bob Wills + his contemporaries were another fine example.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The song was sung by Ruth Brown.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks!