Find
Notify
Tools

The Forklift Job
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The Forklift Job

Liam O’Toole applied for a forklift job at an Irish firm based in Dublin. A Norwegian applied for the same job, and since both applicants had similar qualifications, they were asked to take a test. They were led by the manager to a quiet room with no interruptions. When the test results were in, both men had scored 19 out of 20.

The manager went to O’Toole and said, “Thank you for coming to the interview, but we’ve decided to hire the Norwegian.”

“And why would you be doing that?” replied O’Toole. “We both got 19 questions correct. This being Ireland and me being Irish, surely I should be the one to get the job?”

The manager responded, “We have made our decision not on the correct answers, but on the question you got wrong.”

“And just how would one incorrect answer be better than another?”

“That’s simple,” the boss man replied. “On question number 7, the Norwegian wrote ‘I don’t know.’ You put down, ‘Neither do I.’”

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

DRSS; NRA; Illinois State Rifle Association; Missouri Sport Shooting Association

“One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce, and canonized those who complain.”
– Thomas Sowell, “The Vision Of The Anointed: Self-Congratulation As A Basis For Social Policy”

Posts: 771 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 09 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
rotflmo clap

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
dancing

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
We had an Irishman on the job once + the job super pointed to a wheelbarrow + asked him if he knew what that was, then proceeded to tell him that it was an invention to teach an Irishman to walk on his hind legs. That went over like a fart in church.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Moremonte
posted Hide Post
dancing rotflmo

Posts: 2024 | Location: Grove,OK. | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote