New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daiwa Certate
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Been thinking of treating myself to a upscale spinning reel and a Certate is at the top of my list. Anyone fish with one? Likes or dislikes? Might go with a 4000 series and spool it with 30 pound braid for catfish and stripers.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6589 | Location: Cumberland Plateau, Tennessee | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the specs for the $$$.

I have some saltiga and Isla.

My reels are bigger, more expensive and for off shore salt water.

The certate has some features like magnetic oil, nice drag and sealed for a lower price point. I like it.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Am leaning towards the CERTATE LT4000-CXH. If/when I buy it will post an update.
Life is getting to short to fish with cheap tackle.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6589 | Location: Cumberland Plateau, Tennessee | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
Am leaning towards the CERTATE LT4000-CXH. If/when I buy it will post an update.
Life is getting to short to fish with cheap tackle.

I fully agree. Good tackle is worth it.

There is not that much performance different between a $350 river American and $6k Blaser.

There is a ton of difference between a $100 Reel and a $1200 shimano Stella.

I actually really like a cheap $150 fishing rod - okuma. But I like high end reels.

I have caught a ton of fish on a Stella 10k but I would not fish them anywhere they would get dunked in the water.

The daiwa have better sealing.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ordered the CERTATE LT4000-CXH. This will be my first venture into upper end reels. Knowing me it will not be my last. Had a hard time deciding between this and a Stella. Never fished with a Stella but did play with one once in the store. That was a big mistake Big Grin
Smoother than any reel I ever held before.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
Ordered the CERTATE LT4000-CXH. This will be my first venture into upper end reels. Knowing me it will not be my last. Had a hard time deciding between this and a Stella. Never fished with a Stella but did play with one once in the store. That was a big mistake Big Grin
Smoother than any reel I ever held before.

I don’t have the problem with fishing reels I have with guns. In that I owned a lot of guns that got outdated when I got on the blaser platform.

I only have high end reels

Stella 10k my go to reel
Stella 6k a great reel
Stella 18k a great high end reel but a total waste for me as I find it too heavy.

I have 2 isla 7000h - these are watered down saltiga excellent reels - my go to reels for anything that will get dunked.

I have a Asia model saltiga 4500 I still need to fish but it seems like an excellent reel.

I have a ton of Shimano bait runners - good reels for 90 percent of fishing. But can’t handle big sharks - spinner sharks from beach.

I have fished an ar members shimano Saratoga and twin powers - very impressed for the price point. Great boat reels.

I quality check my reels every year in Thailand with Mekong catfish at bungsarman lake. Same place the Japanese tackle companies do.

I normally destroy a Stella by the end of the day if it gets dunked a lot - normally untangling big Mekong cats from houseboat structures.

I get them rebuilt - new greases and through cleaning same day at sevenseaspro in Bangkok.

Daiwa are better reels if you ever dunk them. The guys who rebuilds my reels agrees. Stella are exception reels like smith and Wesson revolvers. Daiwa are like ruger revolvers - just built a little tougher (and maybe a little rougher)

My idea of fishing a reel hard is enough fish caught fade the braid. My bright blue and yellow braid is normally faded like well used faded jeans.

Looking forward to a report on the reel.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mekong catfish? Am envious, biggest blue we caught in TN was 47 pounds. We know bigger ones are out there as one guide we went with routinely catches them in the 50-75 pound range.

So far been happy with Shimano reels. Have only gotten up to the Sustain range. None of our reels have even been dunked. If they did most likely we wouldn't find them again, lol.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Amazing reel. The smoothless and precision is unbelievable. The drag is rated at 26.5 pounds and is smooth as silk. The adjustment range of the drag seems to be endless. For a medium sized spinning reel the drag puts it in a league of its own. Hope to go fishing this coming week and try it in the water. Only held a Stella in a store but this reel feels every bit as good.
My wife "frowned" on me spending so much on a reel. I handed the reel to her and asked her to look it over and try cranking the handle, about 30 seconds later she told me, "I want one".

Worth the money? To me it is. If I want to spend $75 on a bottle or bourbon or $400 on a reel at my age it doesnt matter. Life is getting shorter and shorter.

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
I have the 2500 and 3000 in the Japanese made Certate.
fine reels indeed

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tackle direct had one for $299. I bought a certate 4000.

Will be my light/micro jigging reel.

Mike