Find
Notify
Tools

Costa Rica
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted
well, leaving early AM tomorrow for my yearly sojourn to CR. fishing the Pcific side for billfish/tuna as well as inshore mainly for roosterfish. loaded a new 13wt floating flyline for sails and hope to get a few shots. nothing like sails/tarpon on a flyrod- and the night life in San Jose ain't bad either!!

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a heck of a trip!
good luck with that flyrod.

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
well, the trip worked out nicely. sails( although none on a flyrod), yellowfin( less than 200 yards offshore in 100 feet of water),lots of big roosters, lots of big cubera snappers, lots of BIG dorado. then spent 6 days fishing at Panama City Beach Fla- lots of red snappers, king mackeral, and red fish. getting back to work SUCKS!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great trip!

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Who do you fish with in Costa Rica? My June trip on the Qualifier 105 got canceled and I need to do something else.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I love those rooster fish. I fished 8 different times in Costa Rica. You got me thinking I should line up another trip. Have you ever fished with Daniel Espenoza? Great guy and a great Captain.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikelravy:
Who do you fish with in Costa Rica? My June trip on the Qualifier 105 got canceled and I need to do something else.

check out crocodile bay.com great people. american owned and run. todd staley, the fishing director, has lived and guided in CR for over 15 years beautiful resort with good boats/equipment. headed back next March for my 4th visit.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks I'll check that out. It sounds great