New
Find
Notify
Tools

Panama fishing
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Likely be spending a week in Panama on Pacific side. Anybody have any information or recommendations for inshore fishing, preferably for roosterfish.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In a word, it is great.

Lots of capts use live bait, which cerytainly works very well.
Some will let you throw big surface plugs which is VERY cool for the pure visual excitement.
A few will throw hook-less surface plugs to get the roosters to chase the plug and then have you toss the fly. BAMO!-- Now, that is too cool for jedi school.
(Can you guess my favorite method)
Rocks and/or a good surf break is the key. They grow big down there, a 12 wt is not overkill in the fly category, and make sure that reel has a serious drag.

Dan Donarski
Hunter's Horn Adventures
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
906-632-1947
www.huntershornadventures.com

Posts: 668 | Location: Michigan's U.P. | Registered: 20 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. Anywhere you can chase them from the surf or kayak? That woud be beyond awesome.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
MIke, there are isolated beaches but most of the west coast , at least where i've been is quite rocky, a boat is needed. Now, if the boat could carry a kayak, and babysit you (watch over you as a tender), damn, that sounds FUN!

Dan Donarski
Hunter's Horn Adventures
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
906-632-1947
www.huntershornadventures.com

Posts: 668 | Location: Michigan's U.P. | Registered: 20 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
nkonka
I do just that from time to time. Last trip to Cedros was a blast. Yellowtail and calicos from a kayak. I want a rooster next.

One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
sounds like a fun trip

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Check out the skiff/kayak trips on the Qualifier 105. Their website has pictures from past trips. You will want to go if you see the pictures or some of the video we shot.