Find
Notify
Tools

DIY remote target cams
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of quarterbore
posted
Do any of you have any experience making DIY target cameras? I mean the camera you set up in near your target so that you can monitor your shots from the bench. I have seen a few things that people have rigged up on the internet. It would seem to me that there should be a simple camera that you could link to your smart phone or tablet that shouldn't cost too much or be too complicated. If you can fly a camera around on a drone you should be able to sit one down in front of your target.

Posts: 136 | Location: Southern Utah | Registered: 22 October 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post

Posts: 66703 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't just using a spotting scope be easier ? Smiler

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
.22 cal. holes out past 300y can be hard to see even with good glass. If there is any mirage running they can be impossible to see. I have often thought a remote wireless cam would be a very handy thing.
C.G.B.

one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
Isn't there a baby monitor with camera that can be used to watch the target and transmits it to the monitor? It might be cheaper and at WobbletyMart. I'm thinking I read that some time ago. Maybe at 24 Hour Campfire? Be Well, Packy.

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
A public range is tough. A good scope with an electronic screen would be nice too.

Posts: 6355 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote