THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Nice round-up on the target 6 mms

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nice round-up on the target 6 mms
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
https://www.ballisticmag.com/6...-precision-shooting/

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16371 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good article Bill.

I use a 6mm HOT which is the 6X47 Lapua with a no turn neck.

Superbly accurate and feeds much better than a 6BR..

Posts: 15784 | Location: Australia and Saint Germain en Laye | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of GoWyo
posted Hide Post
No 6 PPC?

Wow! Dance with who brung ya!

Damn right its loaded, it makes a lousy club. -JW

Posts: 397 | Location: Central Highlands of Wyoming | Registered: 02 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of pointblank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GoWyo:
No 6 PPC?

Wow! Dance with who brung ya!

The PPC is still the dominant cartridge at short range, 100-300 yards. All the cartridges discussed in that article are 600-1000 yard performers.

Posts: 2073 | Registered: 28 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of GoWyo
posted Hide Post
Ok, that makes sense. RIF. Thanks.

Damn right its loaded, it makes a lousy club. -JW

Posts: 397 | Location: Central Highlands of Wyoming | Registered: 02 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No mention of the 240 weatherby or 6 mm Rem.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2634 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 6mm-06 is very popular here

Posts: 15784 | Location: Australia and Saint Germain en Laye | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
But not regarded as a target round even though superbly accurate.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Curious, what is the heaviest FMJ 6mm bullet available, currently.....?? Also what is the heaviest 6mm bullet available (any configuration)....???

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Posts: 310 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 March 2021Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't know about FMJ's but I think it would be the 115 or 118 DTACs?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blair 338RUM:
Don't know about FMJ's but I think it would be the 115 or 118 DTACs?

Thanks......it has been about 50 years go I last fooled with my .243 Win. and I kind'a remembered there was 115 gr. bullets. What is DTAC's....???

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Posts: 310 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 March 2021Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DTAC stands for David Tubb. He got Sierra to make bullets with that on the box.