Browning Varmint/Target 223
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone own or shoot one of these

https://www.browning.com/produ...-varmint-target.html

Thinking of getting it.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Heavier than my liking and weight not needed for .223 recoil. That's just me.

Posts: 3804 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I looked hard at that rifle, as well, but decided it is too heavy for my coyote hunting. Not bad for setting up on prairie dogs though, or punching paper. I bet it really shoots. I briefly looked for an x-bolt stalker long range, but gave up and bought both a Ruger American Predator and Tikka T3X light for what I would have payed for the X-bolt. If you want a heavy varmint 223, that browning you are looking at seems nice.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3285 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote