New
Find
Notify
Tools

Benjamin Marauder review
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I asked a few months ago about different PCP rifles and got a lot of great feedback, thank you.

I ended up ordering a 22 cal Benjamin Marauder from Pyramid Air. My intended use was dissuading squirrels from eating my garden and the occasional coyote from inspecting my yard.

The Marauder came precharged at about 2800 psi. I mounted a scope and sighted it in with the pellets that came from Pyramid in the package.

My work will all be within 50 yards, and within that range I can hold dead on a golf ball sized target. The trigger is very good, it is very quiet, and accuracy is outstanding. I bought a Hill pump and got a Carbon Fiber tank as a gift. As of now I haven't found a source to fill the tank, but normal Squirrel work and target shooting still has the original charge at about 2300 psi. Velocity is starting to fall off enough now that I need to get serious about finding an air source.

I haven't even tried any other pellets since the first ones I used gave such excellent accuracy. Overall I can't imagine much more from an air rifle.

Use enough gun...
Shoot 'till it's dead, especially if it bites.

Posts: 898 | Location: Southlake, Tx | Registered: 30 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I love hearing about airguns.

You will have to get that carbon fiber tank charged at a dive shop. Google shows many dive shops in the DFW area. Good Luck!

Posts: 267 | Location: Kingsville, Texas 78363 | Registered: 19 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
most carbon fiber tanks are 4500psi and most scuba shops can only fill to 3300-3500psi. best bet is a paint ball store or a local fire station( most fireman's bottles are 4500psi and some stations have their own compressor).the Hill pump can be used to directly fill the gun's air cylinder.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13143 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote