New
Find
Notify
Tools

Repressurize A Spray Can
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Grabbed a can of Kroil aerosol this afternoon and discovered it had no pressure, but plenty of contents. This is a common problem with Kroil cans, not only do the contents creep so does the can pressure.

Anywho, I remembered hearing about this trick to repressurize a spray can. Grabbed a tire stem, set my compressor to 65 PSI, and presto. Then of course I found a video on Youtube...

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’ve tried this with so-so results. Finally gave up and poked a hole in the can and drained the stuff out.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 934 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got enough pressure to spray what I needed.

But I am not going out of my way to experiment with other cans. Cool

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Drain the can and put the contents in a pump spray bottle. Not worth the risk of the can blowing up in your face.

Posts: 379 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 22 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most spray cans are rated for 100 PSI or better. Chances are they will burst on their own before 50 to 75 PSI will be dangerous.

But draining them is the safest way.

And my Kroil can still has pressure.... for now.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yup, been doing that with WD40 and others for years. I just stick the rubber tip of a pressure nozzle into the end of the can with stem removed. Usually just to get the last of the contents out, not when they are fairly full.

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Never heard of this and am sure that I will never do it; I go through at least a spray can a week and sometimes 4; OD paint as well as brake and carb cleaner. They always have enough in them to vacate the can.

Posts: 17046 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's usually when you find the can that was rattling around in your tractor or truck toolbox for a year or two.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've bought aerosol cans of custom paints, this is basically how they do it.

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1577 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
thanks but I'll just toss the can..I do use can cleaners with stock finish at times..You can buy them from Brownells by the dozen for next to nothing and they sure do work...

Your can quits working? just stick one of those litte green tops on your spay can nozzle and it will spray hard, the take it off and replace the original nozzle..I save nozzles in turpintine or whateve for future use, the soak saves them..Brownells has these babies and they do work..save you a ton of money and they are cheaper than dirt

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41763 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote