ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    Lion, Buffalo, Tuskless with Charlton McCallum Safairs, 2012, Dande Safari Area
Page 1 2 

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lion, Buffalo, Tuskless with Charlton McCallum Safairs, 2012, Dande Safari Area
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
Probably the best hunt report I have read so far on AR. Bravo Zulu Todd! patriot

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Thanks Admiral!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a great hunt!!

Posts: 617 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 01 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations,Todd.It must be thrilling to get a nice lion especially 15 days into the hunt.That blind setup looks alot like the one we used for a hyena.You also managed to get a tuskless and a buffalo-very good!

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rigby350
posted Hide Post
Todd, sounds like a great hunt, fantastic trophies, also couldn't agree more with your comments about Blake, my brother hunted with him in early September, he is great a bloke and a top Ph.

Posts: 119 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a super safari Todd. I like the way you posted your team with individual pics. Where would be without them....

Posts: 1790 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Todd;

Well done and congratulations!! As the others have said, beautiful lion. I love the Buff too.

Best regards, D. Nelson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great hunt !

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats Todd. I am happy for you. How did your hand hold up?

Posts: 11959 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
No problems Larry. It's healed up nicely with only a bit of limited range of motion in the pinkie. I'll have the plate and 6 screws removed sometime this month and then all should be back to normal. Sorry I missed you in Harare. Hope Mary Lynn is doing well.

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Huge congrats Todd. Great hunt and well deserved, great cat!

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Todd.Congrats on a great hunt mate. Really enjoyed the report. Very nice lion and that buff is just perfect.
Steve

Posts: 744 | Location: Australia  | Registered: 31 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RAC
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a great hunt, Todd.

I hunt, not to kill, but in order not to have played golf....

DRSS

Posts: 839 | Location: LA | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing your hunt with us it was a great read....

Posts: 1613 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Way to go!! tu2

Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 617 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 01 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing that adventure with us. What a great safari, especially since you were only looking for something modest this year! Outstanding animals all around.

Posts: 3855 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted Hide Post
A most excellent adventure!

GOA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member
Life Member Dallas Safari Club
Westley Richards 450 NE 3 1/4"

Posts: 864 | Location: Idaho/Wyoming/South Dakota | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Todd,

Nice job! The lion looks like a brute. Big congrats.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12866 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Awesome hunt and report. Your photographer also did an outstanding job.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBT:
Awesome hunt and report. Your photographer also did an outstanding job.

Thanks again for the comments. 95% of my photos on this hunt were taken by Ray Buchanon, my cameraman. He has an add on package for $35 per day, to take copious photos. In the past, I carried a pocket digital and was always handing it to someone and asking "can you take a picture of me here?". In addition to my own, I would think I had quite a few pics. Then upon downloading them, I'd have a couple of hundred, if lucky.

Ray took just under 4,000 pictures over the 18 days. Most of which I didn't know were being taken at the time so they are not "posed" with everyone saying "cheese". I think it was money well spent as Ray was always trying to get a new and different angle. He's a good fellow to be on safari with as well!!

one of us
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Todd. I really enjoyed your report and video.

Posts: 1045 | Location: Kerrville, Texas USA | Registered: 02 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
What happened to the indignant black-nosed lion talk?

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19306 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will:
What happened to the indignant black-nosed lion talk?

Will, this lion's nose was solid black. The light color you are seeing is sand in his nose. Here is a close up showing that:

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats Todd and thanks for the hunt report!!

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Todd,

Congrats on a Great Hunt and thanks for posting your report!

Posts: 1999 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great report Todd.You forgot to mention the thunderstorm coming out of Harare!
For those of you who do not know him Todd is a great guy and told some capitivating stories about his carrier flying days.
The two things we ,as Aussies,found difficult to understand was his accent and why he stayed sober at lunch time.
Well done Todd.

Australia
I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of drought and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons,
I love her jewel-sea,
Her beauty and her terror
The wide brown land for me!

Posts: 302 | Location: Australia | Registered: 09 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Hey Sean,

Yea those thunderstorms out of Harare were a bit interesting, eh? I enjoyed meeting and hanging out with you guys, even though you speak that funny down under gibberish!! What did Matt call it ... Strayn? Cool

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Todd well done on a fine Lion and I know Mike Jines, the gentleman he is will be very happy for you- however I guarantee that he will order the most expensive steak on you in Dallas! Well done again and a pleasure having you with us! Cheers Buzz

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buzz Charlton:
Todd well done on a fine Lion and I know Mike Jines, the gentleman he is will be very happy for you- however I guarantee that he will order the most expensive steak on you in Dallas! Well done again and a pleasure having you with us! Cheers Buzz

Buzz, thanks again for everything. You guys run a first class outfit!! I'll be back again and again as long as I'm blessed enough to be able to return.

Mike has been most gracious. Yea, I figure he will hit me pretty hard on the dinner but that's OK! I hear that Western Sizzlin is making a damn good chopped Sirloin these days! Whistling All kidding aside, it will be my pleasure to pay off on that offer, including all the trimmings.

I'm looking forward to seeing all you guys at DSC!

Cheers!

One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
Todd:

Great report on a great hunt. I was hoping to get down to DSC to meet you and some of the other guys but have been struggling with some health issues. I really enjoy reading your posts so keep them coming.

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Dave,

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Take care of yourself and we'll meet up next year!