New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kafue Leopard
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am in Jo'Burg on my way home having had a very successful safari with Andrew Baldry.
Everything came together on day eight, finally I had the cat that had eluded me for so long.
Full report to follow.

Posts: 167 | Location: Kuwait | Registered: 14 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done to both of you. That is a bus of a cat.

Was good to see you and have a few beers you.
Cheers

Thor Kirchner
Munyamadzi Game Ranch
+260 978157643
P.O. Box 570049
Nyimba, Zambia
www.thorwildlifesafaris.com
munyamadzi@live.com

Posts: 313 | Location: Luangwa, Zambia | Registered: 04 June 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
Huge leopard - well done!

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Pir_Danish
posted Hide Post
Holy cow!!! That is a monster Cat. Well done mate.

Posts: 789 | Location: Karachi & London | Registered: 26 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent!!

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Faisal no no no ! That's an old trick of leaning backwards to make him look bigger !!!! Wink

Jesting aside mate, a huge tom! Big congrats to you and Andrew!

Safe travels.

Charlie

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2261 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats... that's a great cat!

Posts: 1789 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Holy Smokes, great cat, can't wait to hear another installment of Adventures with Andrew.

Posts: 1013 | Location: Imperial, NE | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Wow! That is a fantastic cat!

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12538 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wohoo!!!!!
Well done!!!!!

Posts: 10153 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ManuelM
posted Hide Post
That is a fantastic cat, congratulations to you and Andrew, I know this is not your first try at leopard and that should have made it even better! Waiting for the report!

Manuel Maldonado
MM Sonoran Desert Hunters
https://www.facebook.com/huntingMM

Posts: 530 | Location: Hermosillo, Sonora | Registered: 06 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Faisal

Very nice leopard

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Leopard of a lifetime. Congratulations!

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Faisal,

That is a monster. Well done!

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12866 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
Eeker That Cat is a Giant, Congrats!!!

Posts: 2328 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
I want to hunt Africa once and when I do I would like to hunt Kafue with Andrew Baldry

Congratulations on a hell of a cat

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie64:

Faisal no no no ! That's an old trick of leaning backwards to make him look bigger !!!! Wink

Jesting aside mate, a huge tom! Big congrats to you and Andrew!

Safe travels.

Charlie

Here is a side view mate.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9868 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FishN4Eyes
posted Hide Post
Slob of a cat!

Well done to both you and Andrew, wowza!

Posts: 736 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 28 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Absolute brute of a Leopard.
Congratulations to you both.....oh and to Michael for being able to lift him!!

Impressive year you have had Mr Baldry.
Bring on next year.
Best

Steve

tu2

Posts: 744 | Location: Australia  | Registered: 31 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Good solid Leopard baits.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice!
Yes please!!

Posts: 744 | Location: Australia  | Registered: 31 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I for one am ready for the in depth hunt report. I can say that is the leopard of a lifetime. Congrats. The buff's are nothing to sneeze at either. Looks like you had a great time. Well done. Bruce

Posts: 373 | Location: Gillette, Wy USA | Registered: 11 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Outstanding! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow! Nice Leopard Andrew & Faisal.

Congratulations to you both!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Serious cat, congrats!

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Wow! Look at the neck! I can just imagine the iron hard neck muscles!

Congratulations.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

The buff are good and that leopard is exceptional!

Posts: 10602 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of hunteratheart
posted Hide Post
Brute! Well done to all involved

DRSS
Sabatti 450\400 NE
Merkel 140-2 500 NE

Posts: 668 | Location: WA | Registered: 24 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Thanks all. This cat is a big Leopard no doubt and weighs in at about 170lbs plus. Not quite in the super cat league that we see come out of the rocky hill country of Zimbabwe but nevertheless a serious beast in its own right.

Faisal's pursuit took him twice to Namibia, twice to Zimbabwe and twice with me. His request was simply a BIG Leopard. There is always an element of luck when hunting daylight Leopard without devices or dogs and I admire those who set their own standard at whatever the cost.

Whatever method you choose the Leopard has surely got to be one of the finest of our creatures and one that needs to be conserved and encouraged under responsible management. Us hunters and your dollars are almost solely responsible for the protection of vast blocks of pristine Wild Africa - a fact that is fast becoming internationally recognised.

If you fail to hunt your cat the frustration can be deep and gnawing. But you have hunted and done something outside of ordinary life that few will experience.

There are no two hunters cast in the same mould and hunting is dictated by personal beliefs, ethics and goals. By individual character and constitution. For some failure is disappointment and to others a challenge. But whatever makes you tick try to recall the words of my good friend Faisal - 'I can't f..king believe it'

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a great cat.
You sure deserved him.
Sorry I missed you in Lusaka.
Best regards.

Posts: 460 | Location: New Zealand, Australia, Zambia | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Guy Whittall
posted Hide Post
Congrats all round. Proper !!

Posts: 196 | Location: Zimbabwe and Mozambique | Registered: 04 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ahmed Sultan
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, thats a great Leopard, welldone.

Ahmed Sultan

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
Thanks all. This cat is a big Leopard no doubt and weighs in at about 170lbs plus. Not quite in the super cat league that we see come out of the rocky hill country of Zimbabwe but nevertheless a serious beast in its own right.

Congrats Faisal and Andrew on an absolute beauty!

Andrew - 170lbs is a sod!!I've seen and/or read of many that believe they have bagged a 180lb plus Tom and when asked if it was actually weighed on a scale they reply " no it was the PH's estimate" - sorry that doesn't work for me.

We have kept meticulous records (weights, lengths, skull measurements) of the Leopard taken off Nuanetsi, which are "Big Lowveld Cats", and let me tell you that TRUE 180 lbs cats are not as common as many believe. Wayne Grant's book "Into the Thorns" is a brilliant book in my opinion and Wayne talks about those that claim to have taken multiple 200 lb cats!!! Wayne guided some absolute monster cats and I think he only tipped the scale over 200lbs once (I stand to be corrected) and talks of his good friend Graham that did the same just once (again I stand to be corrected).

My point being that the weight factor on Leopard has been elevated to unrealistic categories purely because of assumed weights. The Leopard is on CITES's radar and as a result, we (all outfitters/landowners) have to keep exact details including the weights of trophy hunted Leopard - be interesting to see just how many hit the 180lb class now after having "shot a couple every season" in the past.

There are some genuine 180lb cats out there but a 145-150lb cat is no kitten!!!!

Posts: 352 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 01 May 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Faisal's pursuit took him twice to Namibia, twice to Zimbabwe and twice with me. His request was simply a BIG Leopard. There is always an element of luck when hunting daylight Leopard without devices or dogs and I admire those who set their own standard at whatever the cost.

Whatever method you choose the Leopard has surely got to be one of the finest of our creatures and one that needs to be conserved and encouraged under responsible management. Us hunters and your dollars are almost solely responsible for the protection of vast blocks of pristine Wild Africa - a fact that is fast becoming internationally recognised.

If you fail to hunt your cat the frustration can be deep and gnawing. But you have hunted and done something outside of ordinary life that few will experience.

There are no two hunters cast in the same mould and hunting is dictated by personal beliefs, ethics and goals. By individual character and constitution. For some failure is disappointment and to others a challenge. But whatever makes you tick try to recall the words of my good friend Faisal - 'I can't f..king believe it'

Well said Andrew!!!!

Big congratulations to both you and Faisal!!!!

What a monster!

Best regards, D. Nelson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Huge Cat congratulations

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D. Nelson:
quote:

Well said Andrew!!!!

Big congratulations to both you and Faisal!!!!

What a monster!

Best regards, D. Nelson

How many days now?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Faisal.
So pleased for you. Congratulations on bagging such a lovely and large leopard.
Jytte

Posts: 215 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 13 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thierry Labat
posted Hide Post
Very nice cat. Well done!

Posts: 644 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 10 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
fantastic- congrats guys!

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Faisal - congrats, and your face tells the whole story!

Was their any singing involved?

Very special moments indeed and looking forward to the view threw your eyes.

Great hunting

Posts: 623 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With Quote