Notify
Tools

D. Nelson's Mozambique Safari
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crane:
Darin- Two of my best All Time non hunting memories are the Bush Babies in the trees in camp and what was apparently a breeding population of smallish tree frogs in the toilet tanks! Thinking about mounting a return expedition.......

Crane;

I definitely remember the bush babies! Really amazing at night!

Don't think we had tree frogs in toilet tank, but I don't think I looked. We had multiple types of critters coming through thatched roof and one morning we had a "Bomslang" at our chalet door!!!

We had several unusual experiences on that safari, but that's what makes them exciting!

You took a very amazing buffalo!!!

Best regards, Darin

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Crane and Darin,
Do either of you guys keep up with Leon? I have lost touch with him since he went to work for African Parks. Good guy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36416 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
Crane and Darin,
Do either of you guys keep up with Leon? I have lost touch with him since he went to work for African Parks. Good guy.

I haven't but the friend/client of his does keep in touch. I'll find out for you!

Best regards, Darin

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Thank you kindly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36416 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I lost touch when Brittingham got out of the concession in Tanzania. Will stay tuned.

Posts: 1335 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Leon has been working for Parks in Chad since he left Tanzania. I'm still trying to get contact info. My friend stays
In touch with him regularly and said he'd get info to me late yesterday. I'll PM it to Lane when I get it.

Best regards, D. Nelson

one of us
posted Hide Post
I just did a search of him and Chad parks. Leon has been a busy man!

Posts: 1335 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crane:
I just did a search of him and Chad parks. Leon has been a busy man!

Humble man too!

Best regards, D. Nelson

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
As always a nice report, and I am glad the old man is still coming along.

We should have brought our three daughters over before we left Ridgecrest for Europe. Perhaps another time when we move back to the USA.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
As always a nice report, and I am glad the old man is still coming along.

We should have brought our three daughters over before we left Ridgecrest for Europe. Perhaps another time when we move back to the USA.

BWW:
I would have loved leading those little ones down "the women's" hunting trail. But I expect that you are already doing that!!!

Best regards, Darin

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
We watch a lot of hunting videos, and talk about it often.

We need to get the hell out of here, this is no place to build a hunting family. I was on a hunting lease for about a month, and the old men bitched about me bringing my girls with me.

We are trying to head back as soon as possible.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You sound like a great Dad!!! I'm so happy to hear girls get to learn how much fun hunting really is.

You know your always welcome here, if you make
It back to this side of the world. But California certainly isn't an ideal place for hunters either!!!

Best as always, Darin