CMS Dande 2021
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted
Just returned from a awesome trip with CMS and Dande North
Trip was scheduled for 2020 and rebooked for April 1 2021
Traveling was suprisingly smooth. We fly thru Dubai and into Harare
Because Emirates only flys to Harare every 4 days we had to cut the trip short by 2 days
The bush is extremely lush this time of the year. I was not prepared for the lack of viability.
Everyday we had buffalo inside of 20 yards yet struggled to get a shot. Had horrible swirling winds almost every day.
We also hunted tuskless elephant. Did not have many chances with them. We saw herds of elephant everyday just could not get the right one. We saw a few very young tuskless and only one mature one. Of course she had a calf with her
Had to shout at few of them and were mock charged by 5 different ones.
I shot this buffalo after 10 days of walking.
We had a little drama after the first shot, but all turned out fine. Just enough to test you heart. Shot him with my Searcy 450NE used Cutting Edge Bullets
Alan Shearing was the PH. He is the perfect gentleman. Very knowledgeable about all that is Zimbabwe.
We could not have had a better time. Everything CMS does they do right.

Posts: 753 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow ! Congrats on a very fine Buff. Well hunted !
I know well those swirling Dande winds. Dealt with numerous Buff busts on my own hunts there. Frustrating, but thrilling.
Alan is the perfect PH for Buff. Even when it seems the hunting isn't exactly going your way he never quits. Hunting with Alan is a true pleasure and experience.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 1990 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Congratulations and Alan is a first-class PH and gentleman.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9846 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
That is one AWESOME buff!

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1381 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great buff! Congratulations.

Posts: 1417 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That looks like a great buff. Congrats
Bruce

Posts: 371 | Location: Gillette, Wy USA | Registered: 11 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done, congrats to You and Alan! The Dande is a fine concession.

Posts: 1782 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Great buff Chris. I'll echo that Allan is a top-notch PH. Glad you had a great hunt!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7508 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Outstanding

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36411 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Well done, Chris. Beautiful bull. Congratulations!

Posts: 1045 | Location: Kerrville, Texas USA | Registered: 02 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwanamrm:
Great buff Chris. I'll echo that Allan is a top-notch PH. Glad you had a great hunt!

Russel
I had the same cameraman that you used in Uganda.
Dan MacDonald
What a fun guy. Had a great time with him

Posts: 753 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Congratulations.

Posts: 744 | Location: Australia  | Registered: 31 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Dan is not only a fun guy but the McDonald brothers are the finest cameramen I have ever worked with.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

- Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 7508 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll second that Russ. Tim H and I used Andy last month in Uganda and he is an excellent videographer!
Andy is a damn good hunter as well.

Posts: 1782 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Congratulations. Nice early season buff! Thanks for taking the time to share!

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2251 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chris and Carol- Thanks so much for coming out with us and well done on a hard-earned buff. You guys walked your boots off for the ele and congrats for not settling for a lesser sized tuskless.

Funny how it works as on Allan hunt now he shot his tuskless on the 3rd day out of about 100 elephant and there were 5 big tuskless in the group. He then got his leopard on day 4 at 4 pm all on film with Dan. I will second that Andy and Dan are top notch guys and I look forward to working with them this season! Thanks again!

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chris, I should have mentioned that Allan is s first class guy…when Myles and the crew and I were fighting our way thru the brush tracking my wounded elephant, Allan was kind enough to let Rebecca accompany him to see the CMS cattle herd being worked and branded and to visit Gonogo school. Nice guy.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2721 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Congrats, a nice old bull with some great curls. Well done!

Mike

Posts: 21076 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting,10 days of walking? sounds like my type of hunt,great adventure,cheers.

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Chris. It was nice meeting you briefly at the airstrip. Great buffalo! I was jealous when I saw the skull in the skinning shed!

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3499 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nhoro
posted Hide Post
Great area, great outfitter, great PH. That's what it takes to gave a successful hunt like you experienced.

JEB Katy, TX

Already I was beginning to fall into the African way of thinking: That if
you properly respect what you are after, and shoot it cleanly and on
the animal's terrain, if you imprison in your mind all the wonder of the
day from sky to smell to breeze to flowers—then you have not merely
killed an animal. You have lent immortality to a beast you have killed
because you loved him and wanted him forever so that you could always
recapture the day - Robert Ruark

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the nice comments on our Safari Classics camera guys Andy and Dan. WE could not be prouder of these fine men. They were raised in the bush,truly love their job, and bring an upbeat spirit into the hunt.
You are only as good as your crew in the TV game, and the MacDonald boys are the heartbeat of our two African Safari based series. Thanks guys! Dave

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
I hear one or both may be making the trip with us to the Selous in October... can't wait!

- Rudyard Kipling

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Beautiful Buff. Congrats!

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the great report and photos! What a pleasure to be getting these reports again!
Great buff!
Alan is a fine gentleman, indeed.

Posts: 1978 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Chris. Well done
Arjun Reddy
HuntersNetworks

Posts: 2531 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Carl Frederik Nagell
posted Hide Post
Hi Chris

Wonderful buffalo

This being a reloading site Cool
Looking at your spent brass. Are you having high pressure issue?

Good hunting CF

Posts: 489 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 04 March 2007Reply With Quote