ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Page 1 2 

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
D. Nelsons Zambia 2016
 Login/Join
 
one of us
Picture of D. Nelson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
Originally posted by D. Nelson:
quote:
Originally posted by Bud Meadows:
Well played Darin! Like you I'll be celebrating my 70th Birthday with an African hunting trip. I'll be heading to Namibia in April 2017 going after an old eland bull and a few other critters. Before I revert to room temperature I'd like to hunt buff with Andrew. Maybe for my 75th Birthday.


Do it Bud!!!!! Andrew is very gentle on us senior citizens!!!

Best regards, Darin


Including myself.



In that first week I thought I'd be going home in the best shape I'd been in for several years!!! Those buffalo had us trailing and pushing them longer than either of us enjoyed! Thank goodness for Dugga boys! And a determined determined PH!

Best regards!!! Darim
 
Posts: 2267 | Registered: 17 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ManuelM
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your safari, I was really glad you were able to make it again to Africa and continue living the dream, and despite your tough luck on lion it only makes me gladder you already have another plan with Mr. Baldry, keep living the dream and thanks for sharing it with us! tu2


Manuel Maldonado
MM Sonoran Desert Hunters
https://www.facebook.com/huntingMM
 
Posts: 519 | Location: Hermosillo, Sonora | Registered: 06 May 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Darin,
Nice report. Congratulations.
Bring on next year!
Cheers
Steve
 
Posts: 713 | Location: Australia  | Registered: 31 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Darin!

I love your attitude !! Well done on a great hunt and cats are never a "slam dunk!!" as anyone who has hunted them know- sometimes thats just the way it goes and no matter of hard work changes that!

I believe it was Bobs birthday the other day- I hope he is doing OK and please say hi to him from me! See you at the shows! Cheers Buzz
 
Posts: 1044 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Well done Darin! tu2


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM
Hunter/Conservationist

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
APHA Honorary Member

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans. – Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House
 
Posts: 27674 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It was a pleasure to meet you.
It's a shame our Lions didn't show more respect for the auspicious occasion of your birthday.
Maybe you should have asked Andrew to leave a little champagne with the baits so they could join in ?
You're going to love Royal Kafue next year.
Hope our paths cross again .
 
Posts: 447 | Location: New Zealand, Australia, Zambia | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D. Nelson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ridgeman:
It was a pleasure to meet you.
It's a shame our Lions didn't show more respect for the auspicious occasion of your birthday.
Maybe you should have asked Andrew to leave a little champagne with the baits so they could join in ?
You're going to love Royal Kafue next year.
Hope our paths cross again .


I'm pretty stingy with the champagne, Andrew was probably afraid to suggest it!

Look forward to seeing you again in Africa!

Best regards, Darin
 
Posts: 2267 | Registered: 17 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Darin,

Thanks for a great report! It was a pleasure to meet you and share a few drinks and stories. Sorry that you didnt get your beast.

I was very impressed by how you and Baldry turned down several borderline lions. This is how lion hunting should be conducted. Hopefully next time your patience pays off*!


Thor Kirchner
Munyamadzi Game Ranch
+260 978157643
P.O. Box 570049
Nyimba, Zambia
www.thorwildlifesafaris.com
munyamadzi@live.com
 
Posts: 272 | Location: Luangwa, Zambia | Registered: 04 June 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thor Kirchner:
Darin,

Thanks for a great report! It was a pleasure to meet you and share a few drinks and stories. Sorry that you didnt get your beast.

I was very impressed by how you and Baldry turned down several borderline lions. This is how lion hunting should be conducted. Hopefully next time your patience pays off*!


I second that! tu2
The only way they should be hunted Thor.....oh and walk them up.
Seems clear that your areas in the South Luangwa have a strong enough population to produce old Lions.
I can testify to that.
Cheers mate.
 
Posts: 713 | Location: Australia  | Registered: 31 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D. Nelson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thor Kirchner:
Darin,

Thanks for a great report! It was a pleasure to meet you and share a few drinks and stories. Sorry that you didnt get your beast.

I was very impressed by how you and Baldry turned down several borderline lions. This is how lion hunting should be conducted. Hopefully next time your patience pays off*!


Thor;

Nice meeting you as well! I'm glad we got a peak at Munyamadzi even though you were out hunting!

I have no regrets about not getting MY lion! Looked at a lot of them, but he is still out there and I'll keep looking for him!

Best regards, D. Nelson
 
Posts: 2267 | Registered: 17 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Thierry Labat
posted Hide Post
Well done! Great way to spend a birthday.
 
Posts: 601 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 10 August 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D. Nelson:
quote:
Originally posted by Thor Kirchner:
Darin,

Thanks for a great report! It was a pleasure to meet you and share a few drinks and stories. Sorry that you didnt get your beast.

I was very impressed by how you and Baldry turned down several borderline lions. This is how lion hunting should be conducted. Hopefully next time your patience pays off*!


Thor;

Nice meeting you as well! I'm glad we got a peak at Munyamadzi even though you were out hunting!

I have no regrets about not getting MY lion! Looked at a lot of them, but he is still out there and I'll keep looking for him!

Best regards, D. Nelson


Like this one marking his territory along one of my roads.





ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal
 
Posts: 8581 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D. Nelson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
Originally posted by D. Nelson:
quote:
Originally posted by Thor Kirchner:
Darin,

Thanks for a great report! It was a pleasure to meet you and share a few drinks and stories. Sorry that you didnt get your beast.

I was very impressed by how you and Baldry turned down several borderline lions. This is how lion hunting should be conducted. Hopefully next time your patience pays off*!


Thor;

Nice meeting you as well! I'm glad we got a peak at Munyamadzi even though you were out hunting!

I have no regrets about not getting MY lion! Looked at a lot of them, but he is still out there and I'll keep looking for him!

Best regards, D. Nelson


Like this one marking his territory along one of my roads.





OK Andrew!!! That's my lion!

Best regards, Darin
 
Posts: 2267 | Registered: 17 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D. Nelson:
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
Originally posted by D. Nelson:
quote:
Originally posted by Thor Kirchner:
Darin,

Thanks for a great report! It was a pleasure to meet you and share a few drinks and stories. Sorry that you didnt get your beast.

I was very impressed by how you and Baldry turned down several borderline lions. This is how lion hunting should be conducted. Hopefully next time your patience pays off*!


Thor;

Nice meeting you as well! I'm glad we got a peak at Munyamadzi even though you were out hunting!

I have no regrets about not getting MY lion! Looked at a lot of them, but he is still out there and I'll keep looking for him!

Best regards, D. Nelson


Like this one marking his territory along one of my roads.





OK Andrew!!! That's my lion!

Best regards, Darin


Just spoke to Tom who is looking after Royal Kafue whilst I am in town and he had two big boomers in camp last night.


ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal
 
Posts: 8581 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D. Nelson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
Originally posted by D. Nelson:
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
Originally posted by D. Nelson:
quote:
Originally posted by Thor Kirchner:
Darin,

Thanks for a great report! It was a pleasure to meet you and share a few drinks and stories. Sorry that you didnt get your beast.

I was very impressed by how you and Baldry turned down several borderline lions. This is how lion hunting should be conducted. Hopefully next time your patience pays off*!


Thor;

Nice meeting you as well! I'm glad we got a peak at Munyamadzi even though you were out hunting!

I have no regrets about not getting MY lion! Looked at a lot of them, but he is still out there and I'll keep looking for him!

Best regards, D. Nelson


Like this one marking his territory along one of my roads.





OK Andrew!!! That's my lion!

Best regards, Darin


Just spoke to Tom who is looking after Royal Kafue whilst I am in town and he had two big boomers in camp last night.


Tell that young man to keep them there for the next year!!!!!

Hugs, Darin
 
Posts: 2267 | Registered: 17 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D. Nelson:
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
Originally posted by D. Nelson:
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
Originally posted by D. Nelson:
quote:
Originally posted by Thor Kirchner:
Darin,

Thanks for a great report! It was a pleasure to meet you and share a few drinks and stories. Sorry that you didnt get your beast.

I was very impressed by how you and Baldry turned down several borderline lions. This is how lion hunting should be conducted. Hopefully next time your patience pays off*!


Thor;

Nice meeting you as well! I'm glad we got a peak at Munyamadzi even though you were out hunting!

I have no regrets about not getting MY lion! Looked at a lot of them, but he is still out there and I'll keep looking for him!

Best regards, D. Nelson


Like this one marking his territory along one of my roads.





OK Andrew!!! That's my lion!

Best regards, Darin


Just spoke to Tom who is looking after Royal Kafue whilst I am in town and he had two big boomers in camp last night.


Tell that young man to keep them there for the next year!!!!!

Hugs, Darin


Confirm you will put a deposit down for the rope?


ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal
 
Posts: 8581 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D. Nelson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
Originally posted by D. Nelson:
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
Originally posted by D. Nelson:
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
Originally posted by D. Nelson:
quote:
Originally posted by Thor Kirchner:
Darin,

Absolutely!!!!!!

Thanks for a great report! It was a pleasure to meet you and share a few drinks and stories. Sorry that you didnt get your beast.

I was very impressed by how you and Baldry turned down several borderline lions. This is how lion hunting should be conducted. Hopefully next time your patience pays off*!


Thor;

Nice meeting you as well! I'm glad we got a peak at Munyamadzi even though you were out hunting!

I have no regrets about not getting MY lion! Looked at a lot of them, but he is still out there and I'll keep looking for him!

Best regards, D. Nelson


Like this one marking his territory along one of my roads.





OK Andrew!!! That's my lion!

Best regards, Darin


Just spoke to Tom who is looking after Royal Kafue whilst I am in town and he had two big boomers in camp last night.


Tell that young man to keep them there for the next year!!!!!

Hugs, Darin


Confirm you will put a deposit down for the rope?
 
Posts: 2267 | Registered: 17 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D. Nelson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
Originally posted by D. Nelson:
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
Originally posted by D. Nelson:
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
Originally posted by D. Nelson:
quote:
Originally posted by Thor Kirchner:
Darin,

Thanks for a great report! It was a pleasure to meet you and share a few drinks and stories. Sorry that you didnt get your beast.

I was very impressed by how you and Baldry turned down several borderline lions. This is how lion hunting should be conducted. Hopefully next time your patience pays off*!


Thor;

Nice meeting you as well! I'm glad we got a peak at Munyamadzi even though you were out hunting!

I have no regrets about not getting MY lion! Looked at a lot of them, but he is still out there and I'll keep looking for him!

Best regards, D. Nelson


Like this one marking his territory along one of my roads.





OK Andrew!!! That's my lion!

Best regards, Darin


Just spoke to Tom who is looking after Royal Kafue whilst I am in town and he had two big boomers in camp last night.


Tell that young man to keep them there for the next year!!!!!

Hugs, Darin


Confirm you will put a deposit down for the rope?


I'll wire it today!!!!
 
Posts: 2267 | Registered: 17 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's still 13 years away but after reading Darin's hunt report, I want to spend my 70th birthday the same way she did. I just hope we can still hunt lions in 2029.
 
Posts: 3140 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
.

Darin, Only just back from holiday so only saw this now. What a wonderful report and pictures ! Thanks so much for sharing. Great reading and pics !

It crossed my mind that this is the sort of report that one should also rub the antis noses in. Someone goes to Africa for a month at considerable cost and does not pull the trigger !

Sorry you did not get your cat but hat off to you and the Baldry boys for not hunting just 'any old cat'.

Good to know Andrew got in a stock of bubbles for you!

Looking forward to more pictures and hearing about the plans for your next "my last Africa hunt"! jumping

well done dear Darin!

Charlie & Anja

.


"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"
 
Posts: 1618 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLS:
It's still 13 years away but after reading Darin's hunt report, I want to spend my 70th birthday the same way she did. I just hope we can still hunt lions in 2029.


I am sure we can make a plan.


ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal
 
Posts: 8581 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
An assortment of pics showing Lion mock charge, daylight Leopard and some photos taken through the binoculars.





















ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal
 
Posts: 8581 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D. Nelson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
An assortment of pics showing Lion mock charge, daylight Leopard and some photos taken through the binoculars.





















Andrew!! Looking back at those we passed up, we must both be crazy!!!
What was I thinking!!!!!
Next year!!!!

Hugs, Darin
 
Posts: 2267 | Registered: 17 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D. Nelson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie64:
.

Darin, Only just back from holiday so only saw this now. What a wonderful report and pictures ! Thanks so much for sharing. Great reading and pics !

It crossed my mind that this is the sort of report that one should also rub the antis noses in. Someone goes to Africa for a month at considerable cost and does not pull the trigger !

Sorry you did not get your cat but hat off to you and the Baldry boys for not hunting just 'any old cat'.

Good to know Andrew got in a stock of bubbles for you!

Looking forward to more pictures and hearing about the plans for your next "my last Africa hunt"! jumping

well done dear Darin!

Charlie & Anja

.


Charlie;

Were you actually on a non-hunting holiday?

I had a great "last safari" with Andrew until next year's "last safari"!

When I look at those pics of what I/we passed up, I know my husband would not have believed I didn't pull the trigger! I just wanted that big, old "boomer"! Andrew made sure I didn't lower my standards.... Damn him! rotflmo

Best regards, Darin
 
Posts: 2267 | Registered: 17 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
 
Posts: 9123 | Location: Back in the Republic of Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
The charge Lion was borderline and both Jay and I had a long hard look at him.

The BIG Lion turned up late in the safari and was all that we were looking for. I was so confident that we were going to shoot him.

Anyway Part II coming soon.


ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal
 
Posts: 8581 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D. Nelson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
Baldly is getting soft in his old age....

I need to do this hunt with him....


Ross;

You would have a great time!!!!

Best regards, Darin
 
Posts: 2267 | Registered: 17 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's one heck of a heavy horned Sable geeze!
 
Posts: 504 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With Quote
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 


Copyright December 1997-2020 Accuratereloading.com


Visit our on-line store for AR Memorabilia