New
Find
Notify
Tools

Late season Ele bull CMS 2013
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jattesnyggt! Congrats to the swedes. A lovely adventure! I have hunted with Alan too, Thats why he has toilet paper in his ears!

Posts: 189 | Location: Near the arctic circle, Norway | Registered: 14 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Odin:
Jattesnyggt! Congrats to the swedes. A lovely adventure! I have hunted with Alan too, Thats why he has toilet paper in his ears!

How come ? Cool

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1137 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done.

Posts: 41769 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of P-A Åhlén
posted Hide Post
Thank you,

Odin, Alan has upgraded from toilet paper. It is now wet whipes he uses to prohibit the mopane bees from entering the ears

Posts: 292 | Location: Northernmost Sweden | Registered: 17 July 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fantastisk historie. tilnærming mot trofeer som den skadete og deretter den gamle er kanonbra. veldig glad du fikk det du ønsketWink
The bushbabies was also great Smiler
You cant go wrong with CMS.

Posts: 1089 | Location: Norway | Registered: 08 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of P-A Åhlén
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vince Hazen:
Great report. Those late season elephant hunts can be killers. I lost a lot of weight in six days of chasing them. Loved your story. Thanks so much for sharing.

Thank you, yes it was warm and a lot of walking. But I would have loved to loose weight like you did. The food in camp was far to good, I gained several kilos. Not used to three course dinner of excellent food every evening...

Posts: 292 | Location: Northernmost Sweden | Registered: 17 July 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RickCap
posted Hide Post
P-A, congratualtions on a wonderful safari. Mr. Shearing is one of the finest gentleman and PH's that I have had the pleasure to hunt with. I am planning on doing it again.

Rick

Posts: 65 | Location: Upstate NY, USA | Registered: 23 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of P-A Åhlén
posted Hide Post
I got the age determination from Buzz some days ago.

"P-A I am sorry I was supposed to tell the age as I got it done a while back and he was 41 which to date I am happy to say is our oldest elephant ( out of over 200 odd aged!) so thats great!"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
JudgeG and I met Alan and his wife at the Bulawayo Club after he was gored by a Buff and was going to try another career. Glad to see he's back at it.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of P-A Åhlén
posted Hide Post
I am very glad that Alans wife gave him OK to go back to his occupation as a PH, it would be hard to find a better guide...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, a true gentleman.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RickCap
posted Hide Post
P-A, congrats on the ele bull. I am hunting ele bull with Alan this August. My second hunt wiht him. A true gentleman as well as an outstanding PH.

Posts: 65 | Location: Upstate NY, USA | Registered: 23 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of P-A Åhlén
posted Hide Post
Thanks RickCap, you will have a good time in August for sure

one of us
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a beautiful elephant with beautiful black ivory.

And that is a heck of a nice bushbuck, a real beaut!

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice hunt and nice report! Congrats!

Posts: 637 | Location: Moscow, Russia | Registered: 13 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fantastic trip to Africa!At my next stay at your home I expect to see that bull stuffed on your living room wall...Congratulations P-A !

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Let us not forget the bushbuck. It is a beauty.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9868 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As well as the Rock Python of course...