Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hodgdon H50 BMG powder
 Login/Join

posted
Gentlemen, I could use your help. I was wondering if anybody here uses H50BMG powder and reloads for ball ammo. I have some 642gr ball rounds but cannot find load data for those bullet weights and H50BMG powder. Has anyone here loaded that powder with those weight bullets? What are your starting load weights? I will probably email Hodgdon and ask them as well but their data shows the lightest bullet as the 655gr projectile. Just thought I might get some real world ideas from the members here. Thanks in advance for any help.

Posts: 4 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 28 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
only 2% lighter bullet, reload for 50bmg, would use the middle of the road load with 50bmg as starter, the 642 are just not that much lighter , with that slow of powder will not make a difference, but would go just above starting load ; my two cents worth; I load for barret 87/107 semi auto, and steyr hs 50

DRSS
B.Searcy 470 NE Stainless/extractors
B.Searcy 470 NE Blue/coin ejectors
J. winkler 375 h&h OU
j.winkler cape 20g/6mm rem
F Sodia cape 16g/8x57 jrs

Posts: 72 | Location: independence ,mo | Registered: 06 July 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
I would start safe at about 240 and go from there. I load for a AR50 and a pair of M107A1's, one CQ and one full legnth.

Mac

Posts: 1724 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote