New
Find
Notify
Tools

TC forend screws - what are the specs??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I need to find 6 or 8 forend screws for my newly acquired Contender collection, but I do not know the thread size and pitch. Are they something I can pick up at a good hardware, or do I have to order special.
Anyone having some to sell, please reply to this post.
Thanks,
Mike

Si vis pacem... parabellum

Posts: 236 | Location: MI's beautiful UP | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
I don't recall off hand what the length and pitch of threads are, but they are NOT the same as you can get at a hardware store.

If you call TC directly, they will probably send you a couple sets free. I have close to a dozen barrels now, but only a few fore ends. You really only need enough screws for each fore end you have. When I take off a fore end that I know isn't going back on soon, I tape the screws into the fore end holes with a couple pieces of masking tape to prevent me from losing them.

Si tantum EGO eram dimidium ut bonus ut EGO memor

Posts: 1146 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is "Specialty Pistols" forum. They know everything about T/C- guns. I know something, but my language is so bad. I mean my English. I can read only. coffee

Posts: 171 | Location: Finland | Registered: 17 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
im pretty sure they are 10-32 i just built a heavier target forearm.any hardware got them

One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted Hide Post
thumb 10-32 is what mine were. God Bless, Louis

Posts: 1368 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The dovetail nuts are 10-32. The length varies depending on foreend type. I have lots of 10-32 allen head screws if you need..........

Posts: 901 | Location: Denver, CO USA | Registered: 01 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all!!
Called TC and ordered some. I'll check local hdwre's for others.
This forum always comes through!!!
Thanks again,
Mike

Si vis pacem... parabellum

Posts: 236 | Location: MI's beautiful UP | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote