New
Find
Notify
Tools

300 REM ULTRA MAG XP
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Talked to my gunsmith last week.It was ready for blueing all fluted and engraved this is the bad news.

It was engraved 300 WIN ULTRA MAG.

They have not called me back to let me know what is next.

Posts: 219 | Location: indiana | Registered: 07 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry about the engraving error. My XP got held up because H-S sent it to the wrong person. There has been such a problem with H-S that I have decided not to use them anymore. They have great products--no doubt. But their abiblity to work with people has faded from what it was 5-6 years ago. This was not the first problem, but one of many over time. I will either go with McMillian (Lee Six?)or a laminated wood stock next time around. On the positive side my 6.5-284 was shipped Friday.
You may have to send your XP to counseling to deal with it's "image problems." Oh, by the way, I do one-on-one counseling with XP's. Cost is painless, but the therapy process does last a long time.....Some people like me are just willing to sacrifice to help other!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Ernie

Posts: 827 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 11 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about that one Handcannons, but i'd be a little leary about Ernie's counselling service. He's counselled some of my equipment before right out of my hands and into his.

On a lighter note, i'm dying to hear about the external ballistics comparisons between yours and his, since yours is so much bigger. I've often wanted to know if bigger is really better. My fiancee says that it isn't-- thank God.

Posts: 926 | Location: pueblo.co | Registered: 03 December 2002Reply With Quote