New
Find
Notify
Tools

K Hornet reamed?
 Login/Join

<law9933>
posted
Where is the best fair priced place to get 10" 22 Hornet reamed to K Hornet? (Contender)

<Fireball>
posted
Almost hard to believe you do not already know the STANDARD answer around here.......No one else but Mike Bellm!!! was not sure their were any other options~

Fireball

one of us
Picture of 1buba
posted Hide Post
Thar ain't any other options. Just a fact.

steve

Posts: 329 | Location: North Pole, AK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
During the past 20 years or so, I have turned work I could not get to over to Guy Malmborg in Salt Lake City. Guy is one of only two people other than P.O. Ackley himself that I would loan reamers to. 'Nuff said?

email him at diveboss@xmission.com or call him at (801) 943-8563 and tell the ex-Marine Corp. armorer Bellm said hi.

Guy went through all sorts of cancer surgery a few years back, but when I stopped to see him on the way back from Alliance, he was working in his shop again and back to work with his side occupation of diving instructor, thus the "dive boss" in his address.

Give Guy a beller. He knows he can contact me at any time for any insights into how I do particular jobs. When it comes to chambers, we read from the same page of the hymnbook.

TC Heretic

Posts: 791 | Location: Grants Pass, OR USA | Registered: 30 March 2002Reply With Quote
<Fireball>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by 1buba:
Thar ain't any other options. Just a fact.

steve

Not Quite true!! Although Bellm is the best...Van Horn is Very Good..YES he does rechambers.
Fireball [Razz]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Recently had a TC carbine rechambered to K hornet by Gary Reeder of Reeder Custom Guns...Very good work and fast turn around time

Posts: 93 | Location: Evart Mich USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Even though Mike Bellm is my first choise. SSK does great chamber work with these contenders and Encores and they have the fastest turn around time of anyone. 10 days or less and you'll have your barrel back.

Posts: 1902 | Location: Va. Beach,Va. | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
<Fireball>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Jules:
Even though Mike Bellm is my first choise. SSK does great chamber work with these contenders and Encores and they have the fastest turn around time of anyone. 10 days or less and you'll have your barrel back.

Now Now Jules....I usually agree with you.......BUT on this one you are really OFF base.
Dave Vanhorn has done rechambers for me and the worst turnaround time I have gotten is 5 DAYS..and his re-chamber work is a Work of art also.......Sorry to go against you onm this one But dave is the Fastest...and the price is good also

Fireball [Eek!]

<Fireball>
posted
quote:

Now Now Jules....I usually agree with you.......BUT on this one you are really OFF base.
Dave Vanhorn has done rechambers for me and the worst turnaround time I have gotten is 5 DAYS..and his re-chamber work is a Work of Art also.......Sorry to go against you on this one But dave is the Fastest...and the price is good also

Fireball [Eek!]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for clearing that up Fireball. I didn't know about Daves turn around time on rechambers.
I do know it only took about 10 days to get a brand new barrel from him. [Wink] [Big Grin]

Posts: 1902 | Location: Va. Beach,Va. | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
<Fireball>
posted
quote:
Thanks for clearing that up Fireball. I didn't know about Daves turn around time on rechambers.
I do know it only took about 10 days to get a brand new barrel from him. [Wink] [Big Grin]

Just thought you should know!.....He did my last 358 Norma Mag Encore

Fireball [Eek!]

<Headstamp>
posted
FB,

What's Dave typically charge for rechamber work?

<Fireball>
posted
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Headstamp:
[QB]FB,

What's Dave typically charge for rechamber work?

about 85.00
Fireball [Eek!]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Didn't know any better so rented the reamer from graybeard and did it myself. It turned out pretty spifforific if you ask me. Savage 24 F so not too hard to do. Reamer same as Redding dies.

Posts: 128 | Location: Star, Idaho | Registered: 01 January 2003Reply With Quote