Find
Notify
Tools

Pump defense shotguns
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Serbu Super Shorty

Hickok45 has big hands. This is interesting but don't think I could practice enough to be proficient without breaking my hand. Maybe 40 years ago.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_pXTItRtkc

Posts: 187 | Location: foothills of NC | Registered: 03 August 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
I never could trust a shotgun made by a company who has persisted in using a known defective safety slide of plastic for over twenty years. With the advent of MIM, it could not cost them more than 25 cents to be done with it. I'll stick by my 870 and 97.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2267 | Location: Houston, TX. | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never had to depend on a shotgun, but here's my list: Love the Winchesters -- Both '97's and M12's. Ithaca 37, can't beat it, except it's a 2 3/4" chamber. Love the Browning BPS, probably my favorite.

Posts: 10008 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just ask the USMC which adopted the Mossberg

That just means they met the minimum requirements and had the LOWEST bid

It doesn't mean they make a better firearm

One shot , one kill

Posts: 197 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 13 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
You hit the nail on the head Snyper! Hell, the Army even used Stevens pumps in Vietnam.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2267 | Location: Houston, TX. | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you doubt the 500 moss. Go to Chuck Hawks and then read Mill-Spec 3443. The 500 was the only pump shotgun to pass the test.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you doubt the moss. Go to Chuck Hawks and then read Mill-Spec 3443. The 500 was the only pump shotgun to pass the test.

It's always been my understanding that Remington didn't submit any guns for testing, since they knew they couldn't beat Mossbergs bid because it's cheaper to build since they don't use steel frames

The 590 is the only one Mossberg submitted as far as I know, as that is the one they advertise as having passed

It's sort of like winning a marathon when you're the only runner

One shot , one kill

Posts: 197 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 13 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The only Mossberg 500 I ever owned broke traded it for a 870 never owned another one.

Posts: 19365 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had an 870 that was truly, a great shotgun. Dumped untold numbers of 3" magnums through it (I was still young then) and it was like a freight train.

Then, one day, I wanted a semi-auto shotgun, and I bought a Benelli M1 Super 90 - I never looked back. Like caressing the backside of the hottest college girl you ever dreamed of; it is like holding a Ferrari, but it takes a lickin and keeps on tickin!

I sold the 870 - the younger, better looking Benelli, took her place!

Big Grin

Posts: 4156 | Location: Hell | Registered: 22 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Then, one day, I wanted a semi-auto shotgun, and I bought a Benelli M1 Super 90 - I never looked back. Like caressing the backside of the hottest college girl you ever dreamed of; it is like holding a Ferrari, but it takes a lickin and keeps on tickin!I sold the 870 - the younger, better looking Benelli, took

I have a M1 super 90 also but over all the 870 well take better lickin and keep on tickin.

Posts: 19365 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I happened to be in a local gun shop one day and found this. It is a Hawk 3" 12 ga pump. I was looking for something cheap that I could abuse and I could throw in the jump seat behind the drivers seat of my work truck with all the dirt, dust and junk that seems to live behind the drivers seat.

It is a gun I love to hate, mostly because it kicks my 65 year old boney shoulder and is made in China. The last reason is perhaps the most important reason to hate it. At any rate, it serves the purpose for which it was bought and has been reliable to date.

www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/pr...PUMP+DEFENSE+SHOTGUN

Posts: 187 | Location: foothills of NC | Registered: 03 August 2013Reply With Quote