New
Find
Notify
Tools

Grip Again
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Don’t always agree with Hickok45, but he’s a great Ambassador for handgun shooting. His grip is much like the Israeli grip or what Prairie Dog and I use. Just for entertainment.

I can’t figure out how to share a YouTube video on AR. So look up Grip Technique with Hickok45.

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hand size and pistol size has a lot to do with what grip is the best for some one.

Posts: 19365 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
That's true. Although I generally carry a 1911 A1, my hand fits a Hi-Power + CZ 75 just fine. I've known some with smaller hands that were uncomfortable with the dbl. stack frame.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
That's true. Although I generally carry a 1911 A1, my hand fits a Hi-Power + CZ 75 just fine. I've known some with smaller hands that were uncomfortable with the dbl. stack frame.

I find the Hi-power and the CZ just fine.

The Glock 20 and 21 are just to big.

My friend who is 6'6 wraps rubber bike tube around the 20 and 21 his hands are so big.

Posts: 19365 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We Brits thought grip so important that in WWI the .455 Webley MK VI was issued in three grip sizes. Small, medium, large. I've never however ever seen a large!

Posts: 6815 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
p dog, I agree, the Glocks do not fit my hand; + neither do the aesthetics of their product. Not saying they are inferior, just they don't appeal to me.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Enfield, I have to agree, I have never seen a large as well. I do have an S+W 2nd model hand ejector that was so chambered + stamped with the lend-lease hash marks + although it is a great shooter the grips are a bit too small.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Grips on a hide out pistol should be too small, and that gun is designed not to be seen or noticed. It will only be used at short range and one can adjust to a small grip much easier than a bulky too large grip..I like that about a chiefs special, they make all manner and size grips for it, the world is your oyster with revolver grips. I like the little wood factory grips over the custom grips Ive bought as I can wrap a couple of rubber bands around and stick in my waist band butt forward and never lose it, it stays put and does not show at all even without a jacket or coat nobody notices, and under a shirt its hidden...and that is my big advantage to catch the bad guy off guard..The rubber bands keep the gun snug in your waist band..Not the best option for shooting but I managed to qualify with it every 90 days from 7.5 to 50 yards..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote