New
Find
Notify
Tools

9 YEAR OLD GIRL SHOOTS INSTRUCTOR!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
No one has seen this, or, saw it and ignored it? A 9 year old girl was being shown how to shoot an Uzi. When she shot it full auto she lost control of it and shot the instructor, who was standing behind her, in the head. Judging by the video it was a machine pistol. I could not see any kind of stock (folding or otherwise) on the gun. Parents were close by watching.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've seen lots of stupidity in shooting and this one is sad as the girl will never forget it .Her parents were there also.
As always I'm a long time proponent of learning and shooting a single shot !

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Peter: Can you provide a link to the video you saw ?

Cold Zero

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go to Youtube and search for 9 year old girl shoots...

Posts: 134 | Location: Cebu, Philippines | Registered: 08 September 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I watched the video she was shooting a micro Uzi with wire stock.

She was at a pay to shoot place.

She fired one round semi auto then the instructor switch it to full auto.

One could tell she didn't have proper stance nor grip on the gun and was not prepared for shooting it. Having instructed hundreds of young first time shooter in this age group.(I run the 4H shooting sports program in my area)

It was easy to read her body language that she was not ready.

Fully an instructor screw up.

Having supervised and instructed children about this age in shooting a MP5.

It isn't the way I would have or have done it.

Posts: 19364 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
p dog, interesting comment about the MP5. I have shot both the Uzi and an MP5 full auto, and found the MP5 much more controllable. Not sure if it is the rate of fire or the weight/balance. I could not see whether the wire stock was deployed or not. It did not look like it. IMHO if the stock was on the shoulder it would have been more controllable.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I thought it was deployed but more likely under arm or against her chest it looked like.

Not properly for sure.

Posts: 19364 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The real point is this little girl is affected for life and she probably will be adverse to firearms for life. Understandably and I feel for her, but this was avoidable.

Sorry for the "instructor" and his family as well, but this was his fault.

JMHO

Posts: 10008 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A full auto Uzi seems like a very poor choice for a training arm for someone that young.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't understand some parents. When my kids were little, 5-6 years old, they shot with me, but only .22 LR until they were more experienced, and then only from a single shot rifle.

What happened here is like letting your daughter learn how to drive by putting her behind the wheel of a Ferrari... Eeker

Posts: 816 | Location: Whitlock, TN | Registered: 23 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I think those that are asking the question, what was a nine year old girl doing shooting an Uzi in the first place, are focused on the right question. To me, this is not so much a tragic story rooting in poor training as it is about poor parenting.

Mike

Posts: 21211 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote