THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Media And Publications    Is there any interest in old Hunting mags
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there any interest in old Hunting mags
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have 4o years of old magazines in boxes, Don't want to piece meal them, need one buyer and will give a good deal. I have Man Magnum RSA, Hatari times someplace, African Hunter, Rifle, Handloader, just to name a few..In my business I was comped with all the gun rags..Hate to through them away but to old to handle them..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41763 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray:

Way too many and too far up there.

I am looking for Am Rifleman mags
PRIOR to 1954. Just to expand this
collection I just inherited from
an uncle.

Thanks, wish you the best up there.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5935 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought a bunch of bound American Rifleman magazines. They start in the 30's and go to the 70's.

Posts: 966 | Registered: 20 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bound how?
Price paid etc?
Most of what I got are in those huge
NRA binders, One year per that are a full
4" wide x 13" tall. I wasn't aware of that
before I built new shelves spaced at 12 1/4".
$600 for fancy oak plywood. Looks nice though.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5935 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How big a collection/accumulation and how much do you want for them, and do you know the weight, as will determine the postage. Thanks

I have some older magazines myself, like a 100 years old, lol. Have a bunch of Rifleman, I might let GLD read one of these days. Was back in the day when they had real stories in them and not just Infomercials.

Posts: 501 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 18 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Infomercials! Ain't that the truth!
rotflmo

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have 40 years of mags, probably end up soaking them in in water and in an orange crate and testing bullets..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41763 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray,
I collect the GUNS AND AMMO annuals and I am always looking for any pre '87 issues, I have some earlier than that but with gaps in the dates.
If you have any of these I would be interested.

Roger

Posts: 1031 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roger, Ray goes 1st, but I have every monthly copy of Guns + Ammo from 1977 until...? P.M. me if interested.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks NC, I'm actually only after the " Annuals "

Roger

Posts: 1031 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by georgeld:

I am looking for Am Rifleman mags
PRIOR to 1954. Just to expand this
collection I just inherited from
an uncle.

I can probably help fill in that gap.
Nice thing too, we can meet up instead of ship.
I'll see what I can find - if the magazines are still in storage where they've been since about 1980...

I have lots of old sporting magazines going back to the '20s.

Posts: 3232 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm actually a bit surprised that there isn't more interest in old sporting magazines.
I have a variety of publications - mostly from the 1930s.
There was a lot of competition for the sportsman's subscriptions then!

The cover artwork alone is worth collecting.

Here's a sampling of what I'm talking about:

Posts: 3232 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post