New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm off...tomorrow
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
I leave tomorrow for my 1400 km move up to Townsville to start my new job as SNCO of Dog Section RAAF Base Townsville. I won't have a computer for awhile but I'll check in on my phone. Play nice Wink

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7975 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bren7X64
posted Hide Post
Have a good trip, mate.

Be safe.

--
Promise me, when I die, don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told I her I paid for them.

Posts: 1048 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 03 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Trust me!

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have a good move and hope it all goes well.

Chital up there?

Cheers,

Chris

DRSS

Posts: 1905 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rockdoc:
Have a good move and hope it all goes well.

Chital up there?

Cheers,

Chris

Already have a hunt lines up. Rusa as well.

Trust you, that's what I'm worried about Gryph.

A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7975 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe there won't be any foxes there! jumping

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Take care and stay safe, this other way is not fun.
Check back when you can.
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5944 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Safe trip Bakes.

We will all be fine without you - after all , we are all grown ups now ;-)

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
At Rockhampton. Had a good trip so far. Only a few dicks on the road....and no, ones not me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hope the move goes well Bakes tu2

Cheers,
Mark.

Posts: 557 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 13 February 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Well I made it. Still living on base until I find a apartment. Haven't stopped sweating since I got here but the good news is I have a few leads on some properties to hunt chital and rusa on.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats on successfully transiting the Bruce trail.............what canetoads call a highway.
Wink

Posts: 493 | Registered: 01 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bren7X64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bakes:
Well I made it. Still living on base until I find a apartment. Haven't stopped sweating since I got here but the good news is I have a few leads on some properties to hunt chital and rusa on.

Well, you've got your priorities right at least. Smiler

--
Promise me, when I die, don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told I her I paid for them.

Posts: 1048 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 03 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Foxhunter223
posted Hide Post
Hi Bakes,
Wasn't 8/Feb/2016 a special day for you ?

Pete

Posts: 232 | Location: Northern NSW Australia | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Yep 22 years in the RAAF. How did you know? Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Foxhunter223
posted Hide Post
Us spooks know all Cool
Pete

Posts: 232 | Location: Northern NSW Australia | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
No I'll be looking over my shoulder.....

One of Us
Picture of Foxhunter223
posted Hide Post
Won't do you any good, I'll be hiding rotflmo
Pete

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Tony:
How's things going at the new base by now?
George

"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5944 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Good mate. My head is still spinning. Going from a training establishment for last 6 years to a working Squadron takes a little getting used to. I have some good troops, most of which I put through their basic course.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good to hear.
How much longer you have to serve?
Doing any hunting yet?
Stay well,
George

"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

George L. Dwight

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
I'm here for three years George, then I'll try to get back down home. As for hunting, I have a few leads to chase up.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to hearing the Chital report. Some big boys up there.

Posts: 744 | Location: Australia  | Registered: 31 October 2012Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
I'll keep you informed Big Grin