Notify
Tools

Holy Crap
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
My youngest boy just got engaged tonight! Eeker Big Grin

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7975 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! The time really does fly right by, doesn't it? Hope she is a great gal.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16369 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Well they already gave me a grandson Bill so I think she's ok Big Grin

A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7975 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
Sure hope so. Congratulations G-pa. Be Well, Packy.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Mate

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12538 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
No wedding just yet but as her family are a bunch of bogan fucktard druggies, I guess we'll be paying for it faint

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
My oldest daughter was hell bent for leather to be married, even though I told her it was a stupid thing to rush into.

She is finishing up in a registered nursing program, and has been a associate nurse for about 4 or 5 years.

After 3 false starts with engagement rings, she ended up with a decent kind of a dude who is in the Navy, and in a professional job series (nuclear engineer). So I guess they will be ok, if they are still married 20 years from now.

My sister's kids are Bogan fucktards. Boy joined the Army, and then the first week he quit. It took him 3 months to get out. He still wears all the Army veteran bullshit at least his DD214 isn't worth anything. Lives in my sister's basement.

The girl is 18 and has two kids from two dudes (she was fucking homeschooled, my sister let the dudes in). Again, she lives in the basement with her kids.

Here's hoping it all works out!

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Kids mate...What do you do! Roll Eyes Big Grin

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Best of luck mate.

For all the families.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66937 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Thanks Saeed. I think she'll be right. I mean what the worst that could happen at a wedding Wink rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Tell them to gather up their ten or twelve best mates and go get married at the beach. Saves huge hassles and vast amounts of money - which weddings are a complete waste of.

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Funny you should say that Muzza, that's exactly what I told them to do this weekend.

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
First marriage we went to a wedding chapel in Reno. Some family met us there and maybe we had $1000 in the entire weekend.

Current (best marriage), we met everyone at a wedding chapel in Colorado called the chapel at red rocks. Maybe it cost us $2000 out the door, hotels, and chapel. We met the family at a state park about 15 minutes away with pizza, and fried chicken from a supermarket. Been 10 years, still married.

I was in a Navy F-A/18 test and development squadron as a civil servant about 7 years ago. A LT was marrying some chick, and they were doing a destination wedding. He said he had spent $30,000 on it. Fucking stupid! Divorced.

My wife's cousin is a hot blond bimbo yoga instructor in Las Angeles she married some lawyer. They spent $50,000 on a destination wedding in Napa, California. We were invited if we didn't bring our kids, we told them to pack sand. Divorced.

Bridal magazines fucked the whole idea of what a wedding is.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Thats what we told them as well mate. Don't keep up with the rest of the mob that thinks you need to spend thousands. If we had our time again we would do it differently.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Better half and I got married at local registry office and had a bring your own nosh and booze meal at a family members house. Total investment £47 UK.
21 years later my son got married in a barn on my farm, buffet after the ceremony and a glass of fizz provided otherwise bring your own provisions. 3 days of revelry with friends and family getting the barn decked out and converted to a woodland grotto, hire of a generator and portaloos, music and lights by friends and we had £1500 all told in a magical event for 200 folk. Contrast this with friends who spent £37k on a 4 hour bash for 100 folk and it's clear you can have a good time on a budget and a bad one with no budget constraints.
I wish your lad well and hope he's getting hitched to a woman who becomes your daughter and who doesn't remain your son's wife.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muzza:
Tell them to gather up their ten or twelve best mates and go get married at the beach. Saves huge hassles and vast amounts of money - which weddings are a complete waste of.

That’s what my son and his fiancé are doing later 2021. After their engagement party ended up a small family affair due to Covid, they decided on a small wedding too! Looking forward to it.

DRSS

Posts: 1905 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote