Notify
Tools

Why didn't we let these go in the NT?
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
Gaur

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7973 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Foxhunter223
posted Hide Post
If you need a hand in getting some let me know tu2
Pete

Posts: 232 | Location: Northern NSW Australia | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Dang me! They sure are impressive brutes!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16365 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
Still being hunted 2004 Thailand

"Never in the field of human conflict
was so much owed by so many to so few." Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 1870 | Location: Throughout the British Empire | Registered: 08 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My dream hunt. Will probably remain a dream though.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2014 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 30.06king:
My dream hunt. Will probably remain a dream though.

Some of Asian countries may reopen one day.

"Never in the field of human conflict
was so much owed by so many to so few." Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 1870 | Location: Throughout the British Empire | Registered: 08 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting that link.

Impressive animals. Do you suppose they'd help reduce the banteng and buff's up in the NT if there was enough of them?

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Gemsbok would be a greater asset in northern Australia than donkeys and camels Smiler

I also wonder if polar bears should be introduced to Antarctica before the North Pole melts. I guess the seals, penguins and polar scientists would give that the thumbs down but it might be the bears' only hope. If they gave too much trouble, we could go down and help.

Posts: 4955 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by georgeld:
Thanks for posting that link.

Impressive animals. Do you suppose they'd help reduce the banteng and buff's up in the NT if there was enough of them?

George

George,
Don't know about impact on Banteng and Buff but I bet they would reduce the population of any careless hunters. I imagine hunting them would be highly exciting, but dangerous. By all accounts they are not to be trifled with, and likely to rapidly come at anyone in a heartbeat, with murderous intent.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2014 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sambarman338:
Gemsbok would be a greater asset in northern Australia than donkeys and camels Smiler

They have sure done well here in the desert of southern New Mexico, USA. They thrive when natives cannot. They are great fun to hunt and are wonderful on the table. From the hunter's perspective, I wish there were more of them. Smiler

Posts: 3291 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I also wonder if polar bears should be introduced to Antarctica before the North Pole melts. I guess the seals, penguins and polar scientists would give that the thumbs down but it might be the bears' only hope. If they gave too much trouble, we could go down and help.

Mate, you'll be pleased to learn that there are 5 times as many polar bears today, than there were in the 60's...

We have fallen for yet another of misinformation campaign from the excessively conciencious

https://www.usatoday.com/story...reasing/11092356002/

...I feel sorry for people who don't drink.
When they wake up they know that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Dunno, mate. If you read down in that thread, it looks as though changing circumstances have just lead to more bears being seen now, that the melting ice has caused them to spend more time on land.

Posts: 4955 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dunno, mate. If you read down in that thread, it looks as though changing circumstances have just lead to more bears being seen now, that the melting ice has caused them to spend more time on land.

cuckoo

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
I don't suppose you're in the oil industry by any chance, Todd? Smiler